Consider a new opportunity! The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at the University of Minnesota currently offers a leadership position within our application development line. This role will be part of our matrix organization and offers a mix of responsibilities including management of a sixteen-person data and analytics team, composed of a service owner, data analysts, data modelers and BI developers, as well as supporting data focused services and initiatives including data integration, data management, business intelligence (BI), reporting, and managed data services. This position oversees the operations of the technology/systems. A successful candidate will have a passion for technology, experience with continuous improvement, a focus on developing and managing people through coaching and mentorship, and proven leadership skills.
- University paid a contribution (10% of your salary) to your retirement account - vested immediately.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, in addition to sick leave and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Free disability insurance.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Manage the Enterprise and Data Analytics team and ensure the technology solutions produced align with short and long-term business strategies.
- Understand technology trends and vendor product roadmaps to determine how they best fit the demands/requests of customers and how delivered functionality can be best leveraged.
- Responsible for resource forecasting and allocation, hiring, training and development, performance management, goal-setting, and employee recognition and engagement.
- Manage conflict and resolve issues and concerns raised by employees.
- Foster an inclusive environment appreciative of differences in the workplace.
*Please document qualifications on resume
- Bachelor's degree and six years of related experience, including managerial/supervisory experience, or a comparable combination of education, training, and/or experience.
- Experience working with one or more business intelligence reporting solutions (e.g. OBIEE, Tableau, Microstrategy, Business Objects, etc.)
- Experience working with one or more analytics technologies (e.g. SAS, R, Hadoop, etc.)
- Demonstrates solid understanding about the data and analytics functions, operating models and supporting organization structures, and process best practices.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of logical and physical data models.
- Experience in data architecture, including modeling, design, data management, data security, analytics and system integration.
- Experience leading design sessions with business customers, business analysts, and developers.
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodology.