The Manager of Enterprise Information Management is responsible for managing enterprise data collected from our internal or customer facing applications and third party data vendors. This role manages the following functions companywide: (1) Data governance (data collection, cleansing, processing, sharing, protection, utilization and storage), (2)Analytics governance and reporting (enterprise reporting, visualization and analytics tools, data marts, BI self-service support) and (3) Data architecture (data lake, data integration hub, enterprise data warehouse).
Working with other information technology teams, this role connects the curated business data requirements and technology solutions to respond to business data provisioning needs, by meeting defined Service Level Agreements for information delivery, and effectively use existing technology resources, while continually improving the support architecture and framework.
The Manager works within multiple data management and BI applications including Informatica, Cloudera, MicroSrategy, Oracle and Birst. In addition to managing internal team members throughout all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, this position manages the relationship with external vendors or contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of Time Spent
Application Development Solutions and Technology
* Manage team of software and data engineers, to design and build data provisioning solutions to meet business needs. Adhere to software development lifecycle process and industry best practices utilizing standardized development tools.
* Drive the design and technical definition of business solutions and ensure the solutions are designed to meet and achieve the performance, reliability and total cost goals of the company.
* Ensure the adherence and consistency of all solutions to the data and applications architecture. Drive the continuous improvement of the architecture, including the solutions developed, the technology employed, and the consistency of data to maximize useful and actionable information for the company.
* Establish intuitive reporting and analytics methodologies and perform ad-hoc analysis as required to support company strategy enabling the business to drive sales and maximize revenue.
* Lead the development, deployment and support of the application and architecture framework that enables the application environment.
* Develop and support all utilities, appliances and other tools necessary for the high performance, proper data reliability in our diverse data environment (EDW, Data Lake, and cloud based applications) and streaming/batch processes.
* Deploy best practice development processes and techniques to make systemic and continuous improvements in the solutions design effort. This would include but is not limited to reduced cycle time for solution development, higher rates of solution reuse, reduced development rework, higher quality and reduced total cost of ownership.
* Bring prior skills and experience to develop and lead the Enterprise Information Management team, providing world-class data provisioning solutions to accelerate business performance.
* Ensure top-quality hiring and employee development and management to enable and support the objectives of the organization.
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization from executives to individual contributors as necessary to ensure alignment and coherence between Business Intelligence and the business functions.
* Work directly with internal business partners to plan and execute both operational and strategic reporting initiatives.
* Keep informed on projects, releases, and events that may impact business activities and information technology roadmaps.
* Encourage and maintain open and two way communication with all parties involved.
* Ensure transparency of action and status with stakeholders.
* Encourage the team to work efficiently by working with their peers and enabling open communication, empowering employees to resolve issues at the lowest possible level and escalate only when necessary.
* Ensure developed solutions have the robustness, reliability, performance and scalability necessary to support the growth and other needs of the business.
* Demonstrate management of timely response and resolution for all data related production issues.
* Promote and employ technical analysis and problem solving skills within the development team in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues.
* Bring state of the art and best practice expertise to the Enteprise Information Management team through the introduction of repeatable, but agile processes to ensure root cause analysis and corrective action plans are performed, executed, managed and measured effectively.
* Ensure proper change control and configuration management is exercised throughout the application lifecycle
Program and Project Management
* Evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility.
* Deliver project status reports on a timely basis, and alerts management of impediments to progress.
* Define project plans to ensure proper planning coupled with appropriate speed and quality of delivery. Ensures commitments are properly set and delivered.
* Perform resource planning versus tasks to make sure projects are staffed appropriately
* Monitor budget and target date variances and keeps projects on track.
* Work with vendors to find needed resources to support projects.
* Review Statements of Work to make sure resource and cost is aligned to project budget and plan.
* Lead frequent team meetings to make sure progress is being made and roadblocks are addressed.
Reports to VP, Strategy and Business Analytics. Directly manage managers or architects or senior analysts. Collaborate directly with other information technology teams and business stakeholders at all levels in the organization to execute on objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Ability to mentor the Enterprise Information Management team in requirements gathering, working with business partners, application development, project management and problem resolution.
* Excellent understanding of and ability to employ repeatable and sound software development lifecycle methodology and practices applied to business intelligence tools used.
* Excellent communication skills with functional and technical peers, and ability to adapt message to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Capable of hiring, leading, developing and motivating employees in a fast-paced, integrated team environment.
* Experience with data management processes and tools like (Informatica, Microsoft Data Services, IBM Infosphere)
* Expertise in application development in the Business Intelligence function and the tools and technologies associated with this.
* Excellent technical creativity in designing the best performing, lowest total cost of ownership solutions for the business problems presented.
* High level understanding of Big Data platforms and applications
* Knowledge of cloud and hybrid solutions (Azure and Amazon)
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
* Bachelor's degree.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
* 5 year's relevant experience in leading software development or data provisioning teams.
* Leadership of product development for commercial software with significant install base.
* Experience implementing information technology reporting solutions working with other information technology Managers to define the best implementation possible.
* Experience implementing large Data Warehouse and reporting solutions utilizing IT standard reporting tools and ETL tools.
* Experience in designing solutions developed by outsourced/offshore/remote development teams, and the responsibilities for ensuring design adherence by such teams.
* Broad experience and deep understanding of various current and emerging BI solutions and capabilities.
* Experience in negotiating with and managing vendors and external partners in both staff augmentation and service bureau situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled