Requisition ID: 29683
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies byBusiness Weekmagazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates andFortunemagazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for an Environmental, Health & Sciences (EHS) Manager located at Greenville, OH.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to site EHS team
- Resolve a wide scope of complex EHS situations
- Provide in-depth analysis of metrics and apply technical knowledge to improve site safety and environmental performance
- Support Safety and Environmental World Class Manufacturing (WCM) pillar leaders as EHS subject matter expert to implement Whirlpool Production System Evolution strategy
- Lead WCM Pillars for the function and collaborate across all pillars to ensure EHS is embedded and foundational to the success of Whirlpool Production System (WPS)
- Work collaboratively with all levels of the organization; coach, train, and mentor Operation Leaders regarding site safety program requirements, expectations and WCM methodology
- Implement programs, practices and procedures designed to reduce safety risks and environmental impact of manufacturing operations
- Responsible for successfully managing health, safety and environmental compliance for the operation
- Maintain fiscal responsibility by operating within budget while continually seeking functional cost reduction opportunities
- Interface with regional and peer site safety personnel to lead initiatives, share learnings/ best practices and collaborate on execution plans
- Manage and facilitate EHS local audits and corporate governance programs; site liaison for governmental & agency inspections
- Manage EHS incident/injury reporting and recordkeeping requirements; ensure timely investigation and corrective action completion
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure site medical services and return-to-work programs for ill or injured employees are delivered effectively
- Ensure site hazard/risk analysis program is implemented as required
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and deliver site EHS training strategy
- Accountable for maintaining and reporting on key EHS metrics/KPIs for the site
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable regulations and legislation
- Support logistics and warehousing operations as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Health Safety discipline.
- 5+ years Environment, Health, & Safety experience with experience in an industrial/heavy manufacturing setting
- 2+ years of experience of Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Ability to form, lead, motivate, and direct a strong and effective team
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of safety and environmental management systems
- Proven knowledge of OSHA CFR 1910 and 1926, NFPA, and environmental regulations
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Experience in Word Class Manufacturing methodology
- Strong knowledge of ergonomic principles
- Communication and support to 24-hour / day assembly processes
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Dayton
Nearest Secondary Market: Cincinnati
Job Segment: Consulting, Engineer, Social Media, HR, Manager, Marketing, Technology, Engineering, Human Resources, Management
$60,374 - $60,374 /year
Researcher / Research Associate
Researcher / Research Associate
What this is