Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Corporate Digital Product Department has an opening for a Manager, Experimentation. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertson's Companies is looking for people who are interested in re-imagining the grocery experience by harnessing the power of digital technologies. The Product Analytics & Experimentation team has broad responsibility to investigate and understand the motivations and shopping behaviors of customers engaging with our digital products. Reporting to the Manager of Product Experimentation and Targeting, the Experimentation and Targeting Product Manager will work closely with the product, user experience, business and technology to inform and influence our product roadmap as well as the features and experience within the product itself.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Product Manager - Experimentation and Targeting responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop trusted advisor/partnership relationships with product, user experience, business stakeholder and technology leadership
• In partnership with them, identify, strategize, prioritize, and execute experimentation and optimization work that delivers insights into the full breadth of our product offering and customer experience• Build and strategize an experimentation roadmap and calendar.
• Design and execute sophisticated test/experiments and insights.
• Define and monitor key operating metrics for the Product and Technology organizations
• Influence product and technology strategy and direction (roadmap), and product and user experience decision-making through full suite of analytic and testing tools.
• Evangelize the power of experimentation in building a data-driven organization.
• Develop testing and targeting tools/capabilities for our product managers, designers, and engineers.
• Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development, including deployment and post-deployment activities.
• Assist in writing user stories as part of an Agile project framework that directly support primary objectives of the project, are appropriate in size for iterative development, include clear and specific acceptance criteria and consider dependencies on other stories and/or projects & initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree required; statistics, mathematics, business, or sciences preferred.
• 3+ years relevant experience with 2+ years in e-commerce/internet in a business analytics, business intelligence, product management or data capacity
• Strong working knowledge of applicable technologies/concepts including: Adobe Target (Optimizely, Google optimize, Monetate, etc.), Adobe Analytics, A/B testing
• Strong experimentation and analytic/modeling skills with understanding of statistical tools, statistical techniques, and advanced testing methodologies.
• Experience in Adobe Target Recommendations algorithms and methodologies.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with ability to present and translate complex information to both executive and technical partners.
• Exceptional track record at building relationships and partnering with internal clients on complex business problems to develop actionable recommendations.
• Strong desire and aptitude to be very hands-on with data and analytics
• Internet and retail experience strongly preferred.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled