DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
A successful Field Engineering Manager - Field Installation will have the following:
- BSEE degree in the electronics/engineering domain or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of project management experience
- Two or more years of experience in the following: video and audio signal processing (analog and digital), RF, AISC, ASI, IP, and SDI and HDI signals, off-air head-end reception, general knowledge of fiber networks, antenna installation, including construction and maintenance
- Two or more years of experience supporting fiber networks
- The ability to travel when necessary, must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- SBE certification and/or general class FCC license is a plus
- Military training in RF, electronics or video, with experience will also be considered in lieu of degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills will be necessary for dealing with clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Self-motivated and detail focused with the ability to follow through
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
- Supervisory responsibility includes candidate interviews, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary reviews, disciplinary actions, terminations, etc.
- Project management, planning and implementation
- Evaluate equipment for use in RF, audio, video and digital signal collection and processing
- System design and deployment
- Instruct field staff and customers in the operation and maintenance of the field deployed systems.
- Serves as company liaison with both internal and external customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
- Assist with remote troubleshooting of field deployed equipment