Mitchell & Genex have Merged
Mitchell is a trusted software and service provider to the Property & Casualty Claims and collision repair industries as well as risk management professionals. We provide technology and services that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions with best in class clinical management and cost containment solutions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers.
Together, we bring two industry leaders in software and service committed to delivering a first-class experience to the customers, partners and markets we serve. We offer a complete suite of technology enabled solutions, and a proven managed care service mix, allowing us to deliver better outcomes to our clients for their businesses, their employees and their customers.
This position of Manager, Finance will play a key leadership role in the development, management and reporting of the Business Units’ (“BU”) financial and operational performance, with thorough analysis that maximizes the overall profitability of the BU and Company. This role is a key partner to business and functional leaders, assisting them in growing revenue, increasing productivity and controlling expenses.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the corporate finance team and BU leaders.
- Participate in the annual budgeting, forecast and planning process for the BU, ensuring financial plans are well integrated, accurate and accountability has been established throughout the organization.
- Lead the monthly operations review process, providing reliable forecasts of revenue, expense, capex and EBITDA based on input from management team.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly closings, including providing operations analysis and variance explanations.
- Support the functional leaders by developing key metrics that support the efficient and effective management of functional areas, and driving the implementation of systems and processes.
- Monitor division and department adherence to approved budget to facilitate operational changes as necessary.
- Thoroughly assess financial variables, identify and evaluate fundamental issues, assist division leadership by providing financial strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- Provide for financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential products, alliances or partnerships.
- Analyze trends and developments within the industry in relation to financial strategy and recommends/formulates a course of action to ensure the company’s leverage within its industry.
- Provide proactive analysis of emerging transaction trends, product and client-level profit/cost analysis, assisting in accuracy of monthly accrual management, and headcount/contractor spend monitoring.
- Interact internally and externally with executive level management, requiring negotiation of extremely critical matters as an influential leader.
- Assist in the development of Board presentation materials on key operational and financial performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field. A Masters of Business Administration preferred
- 8+ years of progressive professional experience, with at least 3 years working in FP&A
- Experience as lead finance resource for business or business unit
- Strong knowledge in finance, accounting and reporting and analysis
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Expert knowledge of Excel, SQL strongly preferred
- Strong skill set in business management and organizational strategy
- Experience with consulting and process improvement projects
- Ability to craft and present board-level presentations
- Must live or be willing to relocate to San Diego
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.