Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Financial Systems Support Manager for our office located in Houston, Texas.
The IT Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Financials Systems Support team; management of information technology strategies and implementation of those strategic solutions. The IT Manager is responsible for taking prioritization as well as business expectations and translating that information into work assignments or commitments. The IT Manager is also responsible for the management of resource capacity, issue resolution, risk assessment, performance management, as well as quality and delivery assurance. The IT Manager will work to build and maintain an effective application support organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction. Although the Manager position is a leadership position it is expected that the IT Manager will directly assist team members for requests that are urgent or require additional guidance for resolution.
Tasks / Responsibilities
• Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies in accordance with organization goals
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies and processes.
• Adheres to, enforces, and champions the IT Governance programs (e.g. SDLC, compliance, change management, communication, and release management)
• Recommends, designs, and maintains quality of service and process improvements by establishing and enforcing repeatable technology standards and strategies
• Communicates potential improvements to assist in the resolution of errors, prevent the recurrence of problems, improve system maintainability, and stability
• Communicate deliverables and status updates to the business community through the monitoring of incoming and outgoing work, and ensures work is completed based on priority and are being managed properly
• Management of resolution of issues that could impact demand scope, quality, schedule, budget, and resources associated with efforts
• Ensure that documentation such as run books, technical designs, build, deployment, disaster recovery, back-up procedures, and install guides are accurate and complete
• Effectively works with other developers, solutions architect, business analysts, support personnel, and business stakeholders by improving processes, developing standards, and improving project documentation/procedures
• Provide input to IT Project Management Office to support requirements definitions
• Suggest technical solutions for system stability, performance, and ongoing maintainability
• Provide standardized reporting metrics on an as needed basis
• Manage and prevent the replication of problems across multiple systems by sharing lessons learned and best practices with other staff members and IT Management
• Ensure that staff continue to foster good customer relationships and experiences with the business through good listening skills, anticipation of customer needs, as well as safeguarding customer satisfaction
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, and/or equivalent work experience in a related field
• 5 plus years of experience managing and leading teams (full-time employees and contractors), with a demonstrated expertise in navigating through complex and cross-functional organizations
o Specific focus on building, delivering, and maintaining mission critical, 24x7 production systems
• 2-5 years of experience managing vendors, vendor managed software applications, and system administrators of the applications
• Knowledge or experience with several of the following applications: RightAngle, Allegro, Waterfield, Oracle Financials Cloud, Hyperion, Boomi, and ServiceNow
• Experience with testing methods and tools; win/load runner, TFS performance testing
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
• Familiarity with ITIL concepts and the ability to follow problem, change, and incident management processes and procedures
In addition to the basic qualifications listed above, the following other position qualifications are required:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for problem solving
• Must be able to independently resolve issues and efficiently direct work activities
• Experience delivering solutions that align with business strategies
• Experience troubleshooting complicated issues across multiple systems and driving to solutions
• Experience presenting technical concepts, diagrams, solutions, and other technical assets to non-technical individuals
• Demonstrated experience leading and mentoring others with effective team building skills
• Ability to work with employees and external resources while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
• Facilitation, interpersonal skills, consensus building skills, and effective decision making
• Ability to identify opportunities for improvement, and to prioritize own work and meet deadlines
• Recognize and resolve ambiguous and conflicting objectives
• Willingness to travel to company locations (up to 10%)
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Knowledge of the midstream (upstream, downstream) energy industry
• ITIL v3 Foundations certification
• ITIL Core Publication certifications (Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation, Continual Service Improvement)Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.