- Manage the formulation development lab
- Supervise and mentor scientists within formulation development
- Lead biologic drug formulation development including high throughput formulation screen, formulation and dosage form selection, biophysical characterization, container closure selection, stability, material compatibility, and formulation robustness studies relevant to the stage of development
- Lead process development studies to determine and characterize process parameters associated with preparation of biologic drug products. Studies include, but are not limited to, freeze-thaw, mixing, filtration, pumping, filling, and lyophilization
- Lead, facilitate, and participate in technical discussions to successfully resolve problems in collaboration with multiple function teams
- Deliver an improved focus on the scientific rigor, ensuring consistent scientific excellence and scientific quality standards are met.
- PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related field with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant industry experience OR Bachelor’s or Master’s with at least five (5) years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated competency and experience in biologic drug product (formulation/process) development (mAbs, peptide and oligonucleotide) within the pharmaceutical industry with a high level of technical understanding
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership in providing integration of activities and delivering information across multi-functional groups and sites
- Aware of emerging developments in relevant scientific fields to generate new initiatives and bring new technology and capabilities in-house
- Demonstrated experience in scale up of sterile drug product manufacturing processes and technical transfer of projects into clinical and commercial manufacturing
- Drug Product Development experience that spans early through late stage with demonstrated project leadership
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonus potential
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and wellness programs
- Excellent on-site cafeteria
- Robust Employee Referral Program
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career!
Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.