Apex System is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join the Pharmaceutical Development & Manufacturing (PDM) Finance organization, based in Foster City, CA.
If you feel you would make a good fit for this role please send your most up to date resume to Tlingram@apexsystems.com
The individual will provide project management and operational support to the PDM Finance team; specifically he/she will be responsible for actively supporting the coordination and execution of project related ERP upgrade activities and providing financial management and business support for the month end close and reporting process, forecast development, and other related reporting and analytical tasks as required.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Establishes strong partnerships with the PDM Finance organization to provide comprehensive financial management and business support for forecasting, monthly close activities, management reporting processes and other related reporting and analytical tasks.
- Supports PDM financial reporting including planning and delivery of management reporting packages for budgeting, monthly close and other corporate requirements. Delivers accurate and timely reporting to drive discussions on business trends, forecast accuracy and upcoming projects/activities.
- Drives development of meaningful financial analyses and creates effective presentations to communicate conclusions and recommendations.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and clean-up support of financial master data and managerial hierarchy reporting structures.
- Supports development, updates, and periodic reviews of financial SOPs.
- Coordinates efforts of ERP upgrade testing process, including providing communication and feedback to project team.
- Manages and/or supports key PDM projects. Proactively engages with Finance colleagues and other partners to drive forward the execution of projects, ensuring quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Supports ad hoc requests and ongoing analytics support to assist the PDM finance organization with tactical and strategic decision making processes.
Knowledge, Experience and Skillsets:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Finance, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- A BS or BA is required and a CPA is preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Must have proficiency with Oracle, Hyperion, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Experience with project reporting, operational accounting and reporting is required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Prior experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry or supporting manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision