Are you fun, highly motivated; like challenges; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work? If so, then you may be a great candidate for our CNB Team!
Cherokee Nation Businesses (CNB) is the economic engine of the Cherokee Nation - the largest Indian Nation in the United States CNB owns companies in the gaming, hospitality, information technology, health care, personnel services, distribution, manufacturing, telecommunications, environmental services, and security and defense industries. We are looking for highly motivated and entrepreneurial leaders to join our team to build upon and further develop our growing our diverse portfolio of businesses.
Who May Apply
Responsible for directing, controlling and monitoring an assigned retail store's operations which includes ensuring store's overall profitability and the security of inventory and equipment. Responsible for ensuring store operating hours are properly staffed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Responsible for overall profitability of an assigned retail store through inventory control and monitoring of store expenses and sales; alert management of any potential security and/or theft violations, as needed.
- Responsible for point of sale (POS), revenue, inventory, and purchasing.
- Assist with ordering merchandise; responsible for receiving, transferring and pricing all merchandise.
- Responsible for creating shop display(s) of merchandise; ensuring shelves are continually filled and overall cleanliness of retail stores.
- Communicate with craftsmen, artist and vendors regarding the purchase of retail merchandise.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, tribal and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Supervise/manage a department and have authority over hiring/firing/performance decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED and 3 to 5 years of retail/sales experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective written, communication, presentation and computer skills including working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, which includes, customer needs assessments, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products.
- Working knowledge of website retail, e-commerce and accounting processes.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a CNGC license.
This position is primarily performed in a climate controlled setting with occasional exposure to smoke, loud noises and bright lights. Requires continuous walking and standing. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs. Travel to multiple retail store locations required.
Other / Compliance Information