Under the direct supervision of the Chief Benefits Officer, the Manager, Health Insurance oversees all functional areas related to health insurance. The Manager, Health Insurance leads the department in providing oversight of program administration and contracts.
- Develop, manage, and administer the retiree health insurance benefits program for the Fund.
- Lead the Health Insurance team in all aspects of supervising, evaluating, and managing their workload and activities.
- Implement strategic initiatives including revisions and improvements to program administration, allowing for program enhancements and improved efficiency.
- Provide support to the Chief Benefits Officer by performing program research, conducting data analysis, and reporting to the Board of Trustees.
- Collaborate with the Health Insurance Consultant to conduct the annual program review and plan renewal process.
- Oversee and direct the annual open enrollment process in collaboration with stakeholders, external vendors, and cross functional teams.
- Direct the development, editing, approval, and distribution of health insurance related communications.
- Provide health insurance plan recommendations, allowing for a strategic direction on future offerings that remains competitive and cost effective.
- Address various health insurance and Medicare topics through presentations to audiences throughout the system.
- Strong interpersonal and vendor management skills.
- Ability to concentrate on details, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage, oversee, and evaluate employees.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to strategize, plan, and collaborate with employees and management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Business, Human Resources, Finance, or Actuarial Science.
- Minimum 10 years experience with proficient knowledge of health insurance and health insurance carriers.
- CEBS designation preferred.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will likely sit for long periods of time, with some standing and repetitive physical activity.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment (i.e., computers, phones, and photocopiers).
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this document restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- It is understood that a full-time exempt employee will generally work a minimum of 35 hours per week; however, in the scope of an exempt employee's normal job, work outside the usual schedule is often required. This might include evening meetings, weekends, limited travel, or work hours well beyond 35 in a given week.
Life / Health Insurance Sales Agent