Unique environment, award winning people focused company and a challenging yet rewarding position
Tastes on the Fly is an innovative leader in bringing quality dining experiences to the airport environment. We bring the same high-quality cuisine and service that would rival any street location and we partner with notable restaurateurs and local purveyors.
We are an expanding company with various concepts in several airports nationally and have received numerous accolades for our commitment to providing quality food and impeccable service inside airports. We believe “airport dining” should not be an exception to “excellent dining”.
Interested? Tastes on the Fly San Francisco is seeking a positive, committed and hands on Manager for our San Francisco Giants Clubhouse Location, in the International Terminal at the San Francisco Airport.
Job Description – FOH Manager:
We seek a team player with previous supervisory experience in the hospitality industry who has demonstrated organization, follow through and team leadership. We offer competitive pay, bonus and a benefits package, including growth opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT! Supervise a staff of approximately 25 including servers, bartenders, hosts and bussers
- Provide coaching and positive leadership and support to staff, fostering a real TEAM environment
- Guest relations and heavy floor presence
- Train new hires as well as conduct continuous training for current employees
- Ensure only correct and consistent products are served to guests
- Maintain and conduct inventory
- Ensure superior cleanliness of restaurant and adherence to food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Comply with, teach and enforce workplace safety
- Administrative duties including employee documentation, cash counts and daily logs
- Understand, follow and enforce company policies, procedures, steps of service, union contract provisions, morale initiatives etc.
- This position reports directly the General Manager
- Strong candidates will also have good written communication skills for administrative tasks and a healthy amount of regular documentation needs.
- Experience with union employees and Aloha knowledge a plus.
- A GREAT ATTITUDE & DESIRE FOR GROWTH
- Good interpersonal skills with guests, subordinates and superiors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to effectively problem solve is required.
- Dependability and follow through.
- Good written and spoken English
- Flexible schedule
- Dependable transportation
- Certain physical requirements including but not limited to standing / walking for long periods, tolerance of extreme temperatures, ability to lift / push / pull 50 lbs., seeing, hearing, speaking, bending, reaching, grasping
- Food safety certification (Training provided)
- Harassment Training Certification (Training Provided)
- Basic computer knowledge including, email, internet, Word and Excel
Our airport locations are demanding facilities with unique challenges. It requires patience, personality and drive. It offers a great opportunity for managers looking to advance and be rewarded for their efforts.
To be eligible to work in our airport locations, candidate must pass a U.S. government, 10-year criminal background check and TSA security threat assessment.
$55k , individual medical with dental, vision and dependent options, onsite parking, excellent bonus program, opportunity for advancement