Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 76945BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you. We are seeking an experienced professional for a Manager, Human Resources role to provide day to day human resources support and direction for a client group in Operations. Specifically, you will provide HR business partner support to the Pratt & Whitney Global Supply Chain organization. Overall, you will execute human resources initiatives and promote a strong environment, including employee engagement, leadership effectiveness, sourcing and staffing, talent development, compensation, policy compliance and employee relations.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Advise managers to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness
- Partner with assigned client group to understand key business challenges and organization needs, and communicate and implement HR programs that support business goals and get results
- Effectively lead and execute all HR processes and standard methodologies to align HR initiatives with strategic objectives, including recruiting and development, Leadership Development Review (LDR), Performance Management (PFT), Employee Engagement, diversity and inclusion, salary planning, incentive compensation planning, etc
- Develop strong, positive, reciprocal working relationships with the P&W HR team members to effectively execute HR processes and provide HR support to client leaders and employees
- Ensure proper staffing levels, infuse talent into the organization, and improve bench strength
- Support recruiting activities, including oversight to the processing of job offers and new hire on-boarding
- Assist and coach managers regarding employee relations, investigations, interviewing and selection, performance management and employee development
- Counsel managers through challenging performance management situations and support managers in developing and communicating plans to address areas of improvement
- Collaborate with clients to understand training and development needs and retention risks, and develop action plans / advise accordingly
- Advise managers on compensation-related decisions to ensure competitiveness and internal equity
- Counsel employees on performance, career planning and other topics
- Objectively assess and bring to resolution employee relations issues
- Use and demonstrate continuous improvement tools and methodology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of HR processes and tools
- Ensure P&W's compliance with all federal and state employment regulations including EEO/AAP
- Travel may be up to 10%
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or similar field preferred
- 5+ years professional experience delivering Human Resources services such as employee relations, labor relations, staffing, recruiting, training and development or compensation planning
- Master's Degree
- Work well under pressure and have the flexibility to handle multiple demands
- Have the ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential material with exceptional project management skills/experience
- Be highly organized with solid attention to detail and a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate people, handle conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment and effectively interface at all organizational levels
- Experience handling conflict and diffusing difficult situations with proven customer-focused experience and excellent business judgment
- Strong analytical, systems, and critical thinking skills
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability and demonstrable skills to get results and lead change
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do and that is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required; Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or similar field preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.