To maintain a viable and professional Human Resources function at our facilities in Toppenish and Yakima, WA by offering guidance and advice to staff with regard to personnel policies, procedures, and employee relations, providing adequate staffing levels, and serving as the local advocate for EEO/Diversity efforts and organizational development initiatives. To ensure facility compliance with all applicable Company policies, state and federal laws.
Human Resource Functions
- Ensure sound employee relations practices are followed to comply with all Company policies and applicable laws.
- Manage all personnel actions -- hiring, counseling, discipline, terminations -- to maintain an effective, qualified workforce. Ensure consistency in all personnel practices. Maintain contact with employees to monitor employee morale and attitude.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies with regard to the proper completion of personnel documentation and proper recordkeeping. Submit properly completed paperwork to Corporate Human Resources and Payroll in a timely manner.
- Secure a qualified workforce through recruitment and hiring. Maintain proper staffing levels in order to provide the facility with personnel to meet production goals and to support succession planning efforts.
- Administer wage and benefit programs, communicating changes and updates as needed. Accumulate, analyze and prepare wage and/or salary surveys and coordinate and develop the plant's recommendations to ERO.
- Develop and administer the annual Affirmative Action Plan. Monitor compliance and goal attainment and ensure that all employees are treated fairly and without discrimination with respect to all personnel actions. Serve as the local EEO Coordinator, always working towards a goal of zero labor charges and lawsuits.
- Administer Workers' Compensation to provide administrative service and compliance.
- Administer Corporate Compensation salaried and hourly wage and benefit programs, including coordination of accurate and timely performance appraisals and benefit payments.
- Ensure that training and orientation of all employees occur in order to meet legal requirements as well as facility goals in the areas of safety and affirmative action. Coordinate training of salaried employees to increase job effectiveness, promotability, and awareness of corporate policies and legal requirements.
- Represent the Company professionally in community activities, organizations, and industry functions.
- Conduct an overview of facility needs in training to ensure that managerial, clerical and technical training programs are identified and utilized. Point of contact for corporate level training to be coordinated and performed in the facility.
- Use interpersonal and negotiation skills to maintain a positive working relationship with the local union representatives and to resolve any potential issues that may arise.
- Work with Toppenish and Yakima plant salaried teams to ensure that Del Monte's risk management objectives are met in conjunction with state and federal regulations, including OSHA requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all approved and applicable safety rules in the employee's area of responsibility.
Del Monte Production Systems (Lean) Functions
- Support, facilitate, and assist in the implementation of the facility's Lean initiatives.
Food Safety and Quality Responsibilities Include
- Ensure product safety through development, review and enforcement of company policy.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and corporate food safety regulatory standards.
- Review and enforce company quality standards provided by facility, regional and corporate quality authorities
- 4 Year Degree in related field of study.
- 3-5 years of experience with progressive Human Resource responsibility.
- Understand both state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Understand processing facility challenges with respect to staffing. Plan and lead Human Resource operations to supply a steady high quality result.
- Understand customer needs and expectations. Organize, plan, and problem-solve to exceed expectations and develop positive relationships.
- Forward thinker and innovator. Understand key financial indicators and how day-to-day decisions impact the bottom line and other parts of the organization.
- Possess high moral standards with integrity in all decisions, honest in word and deeds. Promote dignity, fairness, and consideration among the organization.
- Working knowledge and skill in implementing, enforcing and educating facility staff on state and federal employment and safety laws and regulations as well as Company policy and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible. Possess and display desire, goodwill, initiative, and discipline.
- An effective communicator -- Use excellent oral and written skills to communicate with all levels including executive management, outside vendors, and major customers professionally. Keep both facility management team and Area Human Resource Manager abreast of emerging situations as needed.
- Teach, coach, mentor, counsel, motivate, and empower. Nurture relationships that result in a productive environment that is founded on mutual trust and respect.
- Demonstrate leadership skills to all levels, particularly guiding reporting employees to approach their respective responsibilities in same manor. Translate vision and strategy into explicit plans and action. Rally support behind the vision. Inspire and motivate people to achieve high performance, rewarding and recognizing successes.
- Solution Oriented - work to overcome obstacles or roadblocks always working to resolve in a positive manner. Overcome challenges or obstacles even when it means choosing the hard right over the easy wrong.
- Be a decision maker --weigh in and determine the course of action. Set and pursue goals with a sense of purpose and urgency.
- Be a standard-bearer - demonstrate ownership of policy and the Code of Conduct. Use authority in an appropriate manner.
- Train and empower the organization to run with expectations. Set clear expectations, guide and trust people to decide how to complete high-quality work. Align work and resources to ensure success. Stay focused on the critical priorities. Connect individual work deliverables to organizational goals.
- Demonstrate professional knowledge and good judgment with focus on achieving necessary tasks at hand and make course-corrections to ensure success. Focus on AOP plans and drive to achieve results. Measure progress against plans and goals.
- Must be able to physically handle walking, climbing, in a wide range of conditions for occasional to frequent periods maintaining endurance.
- Must be able to endure exposure to all potential temperature climates within facility.
- Must be able to climb stairs, occasionally.
- Must be able to stand, stoop and walk, occasionally to frequently.
- Must be able to sit sustained periods of time, frequently.
- Must be able to wear protective clothing --hard hat, glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes, hair/beard nets as required.
- Must have ability to carry up to 30lbs., occasionally.
- Must be able to balance or maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching on narrow, uneven or slippery surfaces.
- Must be able to hear.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State Labor Laws.
- Affirmative Action Requirements.
- Personnel policies & procedures.
- OSHA Regulations.
- Worker's Compensation Administration.
- Employee / Labor Relations Experience.
- Supervisory Experience.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k).
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGHWWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED. (https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/). Please be advised that your application is not complete until you fill out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Human Resources Manager