Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 76939BR Date posted 11/21/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
What a great time to join Pratt and Whitney! With the production of the
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have a rare opportunity for a talented Industrial Engineer to be based in E. Hartford, CT.
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation.
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Geared Turbo Fan product line ramping up, Pratt and Whitney needs to ensure that legacy engine programs as well as new engine programs are able to meet customer demand with a robust supply base of exceptional quality. The Mechanical Systems, Externals, and Nacelles (MSEN) Industrial Management team located in E. Hartford, CT. is looking for a motivated, high energy leader to support the 24k/17k Commercial Engine Programs Externals Component Integrated Project Team (CIPT) in ensuring supplier capacity that meets engine and spares production demand. You will be part of the MSEN Module Center Industrial Management Team and work with customers, global sourcing, quality, engineering, operations, and suppliers in assuring all aspects of readiness are achieved for existing products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Craft industrial planning - structure, framework and timing on sourcing and manufacturing decisions.
- Prioritize and complete production readiness assessments.
- Assess capacity at producers across all 24k/17k Commercial Engine Programs.
- Develop, track and action items to increase capacity and capability at suppliers.
- Analyze and improve single points of failure and material changes that impact sourcing decisions.
- Ensure transition plans are properly supported to ensure incumbents can deliver until new sources are actually delivering parts at production ramp rates.
- Identify risks to the supplier production ramp, build mitigation plans, and drive actions to closure.
- Responsible as the Operations Lead to the CIPT Leader|
Qualification: Required Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience in Operations Management, Engineering or Program Management.
- BS degree in Operations, Business, or Engineering
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated, strategic, and detailed task oriented|
- Aerospace Manufacturing experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills and demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Detail and results oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet commitments, balance and resolve conflicting priorities.
- Understands strategic and business implications and works to build best Pratt and Whitney solutions.
- Demonstrated experience working with executive level management.
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement using ACE Tools.
- Extensive proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications
- MRP/SAP experience
- Reputation for exceptional project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree required
- MS or MBA preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.