At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at www.rjet.com.
Provides strategy, direction, and subject matter expertise, while delivering information management solutions, establishing a strong data strategy, and building an Enterprise Data Warehouse. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Data group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads team to build a connected Enterprise Data Warehouse to increase self-service and reduce dependencies on IT.
- Collaborates with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Leads or facilitates the training and change management efforts required to ensure broad user adoption of the solutions provided.
- Establishes and implements a data strategy that meets the organizational demands and goals.
- Leads team to build governance around data.
- Designs, creates, deploying and managing an organization's data architecture.
- Ensures that architectural designs adhere to standards/principles and follow usability design standards.
- Creates consistent and proper handling of an organization's data across the business enterprise.
- Partners with business owners to adopt and endorse data strategy, including data stewardship.
- Manages team to achieve established goals.
- Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports. Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions, and oversees training and development of staff.
- Applies continuous improvement mindset to strengthen processes, minimize time requirements, and enhance procedures in assigned areas.
- Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Information Technology or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of experience with Data Architecture, Data Modeling, and Data Governance.
- 5+ years of experience implementing Analytic Tools (Tableau, Cognos, SAP BO, Qlik, MS Power BI, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience leading/managing others
- Experience designing and building enterprise data warehouses and related processes
- A passion for delivering business value
- Proven track record of strong leadership of BI and analytics projects and building cross-functional partnerships within the organization
- Experience engaging with Senior/C-level executives.
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple stakeholders, customers, and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are
somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be of moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to talk or hear up to 35% of the time.
- Able to sit over 70% of the time.
- Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight stays.