Requisition ID: 30950
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Work with business teams to define a solution for connected appliances that allows for secure consumer use of mobile applications to control their appliances remotely, while also providing guidance to technical teams on the proper security required for cloud environments. Perform IoT and Information Technology general controls testing and attestation, working closely with internal and external audit teams to achieve compliance with Whirlpool, and industry and government policies. Work on researching, creating, and approving new IoT security policy or practices to keep pace with the business objectives of the company. Coach and develop different teams to think differently about IoT and the future security needs of the company to anticipate and be ready for new security opportunities while retiring outdated processes and solutions. Embed security into the dev/sec/ops product development processes.
- Own, design and drive Internet of Things (IoT) cybersecurity solutions for the company
- Manage significant IoT security related projects
- Represent the cybersecurity function in the IoT forums
- Report directly to the Senior Manager of Information Security, Audit and Compliance (ISAC)
- Provide input and recommendations on cybersecurity policy, risk, and overall security best practices concerning IoT
- Review and approve cybersecurity activity to ensure compliance with information security policy and best practices
- Interact with, influence, and negotiate IoT security requirements with internal and external parties
- Perform, facilitate, and oversee IoT security testing, providing status to the Senior Manager of Information Security, Audit and Compliance (ISAC)
- Ability to travel globally
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years' experience with Restful APIs (Application Program Interface)
- 2+ years' experience testing multi-threaded high-performance applications and queue-based systems
- 3+ years of work experience in developing/executing large scale distributed systems with a focus on building Internet of Things (IoT) applications
- Knowledge of various IoT (Internet of Things) technologies including Mobile, Java middleware, M2M, Cloud, voice (Amazon, Google, IBM), wireless communications, etc.
- Penetration testing experience and/or coordination of penetration tests with 3rd parties
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Restful APIs (Application Program Interface), microservices, WebMethods, Apigee, Spring boot, Cloud, XML(eXtensible Markup Language)), AJAX, Oracle, DB2, SOAP, and Splunk
- Experience with triaging and prioritization of tasks/issues as required by the development and testing team
- Experience with owning the project, solve the technical security issues of the development and testing teams
- Experience with security testing in a development operations environment (DevOps)
- Experience in the security testing of new systems or the vulnerability assessment of existing systems to meet business requirements, changing needs, or newer technology
- Ability to work with multiple levels of management across Technology and the supported Business Units
- Working knowledge in Cloud Stack, CORE JAVA (the entire enterprise environment including Spring Frameworks, JMS (Java Platform), RMI (Remote Method Invocation), JPS ( Java Process Status), Hibernate, Enterprise Integration Patterns, etc.)
- Working knowledge with mobile optimization/responsive-adaptive code including Angular JS, HTML5 and CSS3
- Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams
- Experience working with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, thorough understanding of new technology innovation and its application
- Champions employee engagement within SCRUM team. Is the primary change agent for the team. Remains positive, direct, data-driven and constructive.
- Servant leader mindset for responsible enablement of business objectives and employee activity
- Passion for keeping the global Whirlpool organization safe, secure, and reliable
- Ability to manage expectations, bring together and align different points of view
- Possess outstanding executive presence and communication skills in oral and written form
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and garner influence with other functions
- Self-motivated to own and solve difficult challenges and ability to motivate others to higher levels of performance and engagement
- Strong technical competence up and down the technology stack - user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, database, storage, etc.
- Project management capability for business case development, planning, and execution
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology and leadership for cross skilled teams
- Strong desire and aptitude for continuous learning and keeping abreast of new and emerging technology and cyber threats/vulnerabilities
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Information Systems, Information Technology, IT Manager, Social Media, Developer, Technology, Marketing