Does landing a story in top-tier media outlets make your day? Do you love nothing more than working with top influencers to support client activations, planning expansive media events or coming up with innovative, strategic media strategies for your client?
If so, we might have the right job for you. We are looking for a Manager to join our sister agency in Chicago. This is an integrated communications role with an emphasis on media relations, influencer relations, event staffing and client relationship management.
Canvas Blue is a branding instigator that transforms every blank canvas into a masterpiece. This isn't your traditional communications firm. We take bold risks that bring about radical change. We try new things because the old things don't work anymore. We rebel with a cause.
What You'll Do:
- Generate breakthrough, out-of-the box thinking and strive for more innovative solutions as it relates to social and earned media strategies
- Develop media lists and conduct media outreach on behalf of local and national clients
- Monitor and provide thoughtful reporting on all social media channels
- Develop unique daily recommendations for social media activations
- Proactively, reactively & opportunistically engage with online audience following guidelines agreed upon by the client
- Manage updates to social media properties, moderate and respond to comments and establish a consistent community culture and tone
- Marry culture and the interests of our community through always-ready content development
- Integrate planned content that addresses client events, launches, announcements
- Manage influencer marketing - Contribute to the team’s goal of sourcing, building, and maintaining our proprietary influencer network
- Identify, locate and engage with bloggers and influencers to build ongoing relationships
- Support client activations: event coordination, on-site event support, project management, talent management, and other duties as assigned
- Scrappy, hungry and resourceful
- Collaborative, team-oriented
What You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree or related professional communications experience
- 3+ years of social and earned media relations experience (pitching media, community management, authoring reports, developing pitch materials, etc)
- Solid writing skills with flawless spelling and grammar
- An innate ability to pick up different editorial voices and switch between them seamlessly
- An insatiable hunger for and understanding of social media and traditional media
- Event management experience – Project management, talent management and coordination
- Influencer marketing experience - Strong understanding of the influencer and blogger landscape (trends, content platforms, etc.)
- The desire and willingness to learn new skills
- Commitment to excellence – ability to manage time, work efficiently and effectively while juggling multiple projects and writing demands , with teams across offices and departments
- Proficiency in MS Office and social media management tools (Sprinklr, HootSuite, TweetDeck, etc.)
Canvas Blue and Golin are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.