The Big Data Engineering team designs, builds, and maintains the software, hardware, network, and computing technologies that power all of Inovalon’s Big Data services. We are the foundation upon which Inovalon’s innovations are built, from high octane data analytics horsepower to insightful healthcare data solutions that will change the future. You seek a challenge, demand excellence of yourself, and harbor a fierce desire to produce infallible solutions.
- Lead IT Infrastructure Engineering teams focused on Big Data engineering and operations;
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of knowledge regarding products and services of the Company to achieve product development and functionality requirements;
- Managing, maintaining, and being responsible for all Big Data software and system infrastructure, and the deployment, administration, maintenance, and operation thereof, of the Company, its personnel, operations, and clients of the Company;
- Participate with Company leadership in the strategic development of technology initiatives to identify product and system enhancements which may improve operations efficiency, , client appeal, and business function;
- Managing and coordinating staff required for the achievement of the Company’s technology initiatives, operations, and functionality;
- Oversee technology team personnel, adherence to project timelines, and accountability for the data center and systems infrastructure;
- Partnering with vendors to ensure that near-term and long-term business needs are met;
- Develop staff members through continuous feedback, mentoring, annual goal planning and performance management;
- Recruit, hire, and provide appropriate training for staff; and
- All candidates to comply with all security policies/procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field; or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years experience in a management or leadership role; experience managing remote personnel a plus;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong project management skills, including prioritization, planning and coordination between multiple functional project teams;
- Good time management skills with the ability to adapt to changing business priorities and operational demands;
- Experience with business continuity and disaster recovery design, planning, development, implementation, monitoring, and evolution;
- Solid understanding of Big Data technologies;
- Knowledge of information security principles;
- Knowledge of ITIL processes; certification preferred;
- Extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and operational norms; and
- Solid understanding of Agile principles and has practical experience.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.