Bioclinica is the trusted leader in clinical trial management innovation and therapeutic expertise. We employ cutting edge technology to provide our customers with industry leading solutions creating clarity in the clinical trial process. Currently we are seeking a Manager, IT Network & Security.
This position is responsible for leading company-wide information technology network and security programs and initiatives, management of Enterprise Network/Security Engineers and Architects as well as all projects and support processes. The individual will work closely with IT management for the network and security strategy for the organization. The individual will also ensure that global IT networks are fully operational and conform to all users, company and regulatory requirements.
If you are intellectually curious, have a passion to problem solve, and learn new technologies, while highlighting your development skills, this may be the opportunity for you!
Ensures global IT networks are fully operational and conform to all users, company and regulatory requirements by:
- Manage all company network equipment at global locations employing industry accepted standards, including service pack deployments and patch upgrades when necessary
- Work closely with Information Technology Management to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals
- Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Monitor and optimize global networks and perform capacity planning of the WAN services for resilient network to support business operations
- Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
- Must have thorough understanding of the current and future vendor product landscape in order to drive new innovation
- Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others in procedures mastered as part of implementations
Leads the development and implementation of the organization's enterprise security strategy and policies by:
- Performing gap analysis of current state including evaluating stakeholder requirements and concerns, reviewing audit recommendations, and analyzing test results
- Analyzing security requirements
- Developing new information security techniques
- Establishing security criteria and checklists
- Studying new information security hardware and software policies and procedures
- Analyzing test results prior to implementation of new network security policies and procedures
Ensures the success of the organization's system and network security programs by:
- Working with executive and senior management to develop security and network policy and standards
- Providing regular reporting on the disposition of company-wide security posture based on agreed to policy and standards measures
- Developing, monitoring and maintaining the company's network security test policies and plans
- Performing and analyzing network security tests and reviews
- Developing plans to ensure an efficient means of complying with information assurance vulnerability assessments (IAVAs)
- Monitoring and detecting threats and malware information; responding timely to security threats
- Developing an incident response plan, and performing tests on a regular basis of relevant procedures
Provides support in the provision of operational and technical advice by:
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs and, when needed, development of risk mitigation and action plans
- Researching security solutions and best practices
- Supporting the coordination and integration of network security and information assurance initiatives
- Implementing programs to ensure understanding and adherence to security policies and procedures
- Participating in customer and regulatory audits
Serves as subject matter expert as it relates to the security of the organization's systems and networks by:
- Keeping abreast of best practices and the latest developments in information security
- Keeping abreast of the requirements of our clients and regulated environments
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and available network security tools
- Representing the organization in information security discussions; articulating the organization's security strategy, policies and enforcement to stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in information management systems) or equivalent professional experience.
- Certifications in Cisco Systems and other networking partner technologies preferred.
- 8+ years' progressive experience in leading global networks and information security initiatives in a regulated and information intensive environment and 4+ years' experience leading vulnerability assessment efforts
- A strong background in designing data center networks, global WANs and regional office LAN architectures, that support a diverse set of products and a geographically disparate workforce
- Good knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, wireless AP and controllers, iOS, NX-OS, F5 Load balancers, Riverbed network optimization and Talari/Cisco SD-WAN appliances
- Understanding of business communication technologies/vendors such as ShoreTel, Cisco, PRI, communications circuits, VoIP and cloud enabled solutions
- Current in the security needs of an increasingly mobile environment as well as the latest forms and implications of collaboration including Instant Messaging and Social Networks
- Current in information security best practices and global trends
- Working knowledge of Microsoft security-related solutions (ADFS, WIF, UAG, etc.) plus similar ORCL environment, and COTS security solutions
- Penetration Testing and threat modeling experience preferred
- Working knowledge of the drug development process and relevant regulatory requirements including SOX, HIPAA, 21 CFR Part 11, and FDA requirements for Network Infrastructure and Systems Validation
Other: Computer work for long periods of time
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
This position description should not be deemed all inclusive. Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and company SOPs.