The Manager -- IT Systems, directs and leads the teams responsible for the server, host, database, and storage infrastructures, including providing all necessary support, project oversight, and production activities; as well as working with and influencing across various lines of business and technology groups. In addition this role is responsible for developing and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery plans for the areas of oversight, including routine testing of key assumptions made in both plans, forecasting planning of infrastructure resources, monitoring methodologies and implementation, maintaining active/active datacenter configuration management, and budgeting activities. The Manager -- IT Systems is the subject matter expert for the server, host, database, and storage infrastructures.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Manage, develop, motivate, counsel, train and evaluate staff of four different specialties, validate that work is performed accurately, analyzing errors and resolving problems for all IT Systems personnel.
2. Prioritizes, assigns, and directs all work assignments on systems issues and assigned projects to support day-to-day operations and future implementations objectives.
3. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
4. Provides leadership and direction through technical subject matter expertise to staff responsible for integration of software and hardware applications.
5. Plan for the future use of systems hardware and software, services, technologies, applications, and standards and coordinates the purchase, installation and implementation of systems hardware and software according to department standards and procedures.
6. Manages the development of network systems architecture, design, and ongoing review of system configurations in collaboration with relevant team members
7. Manages the development, documentation and implementation of operating procedures, and systems documentation such as gold builds, best practices, knowledge base, disaster recovery backup and recovery.
8. Directs all project management for the large computing projects that cross multiple technologies, platforms and administrative boundaries.
9. Ensures all systems software and hardware versions, maintenance levels, registration and inventory and provides upgrades as necessary to insure appropriate security and patch levels are maintained
10. Work as liaison between other department managers and supervisors when coordinating support activities and project related tasks
11. Ensures all system and related security standards are adhered to by staff. Review standards periodically with the Chief Security Administrator and other IT Managers and implement changes as required.
12. Maintains a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
13. Participate in the "Management On-Call" rotation.
14. Performs other job-related duties as necessary.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to interpret, resolve, and document networking problems.
2. Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to articulate system methodologies and concepts; communicate effectively in providing technical guidance and expertise to other staff
3. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate applicable computer hardware, a variety of hand tools and standard office equipment.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
1. INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management
2. EXTERNAL: Vendors
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or comparable discipline or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of seven years' experience in Information Technology in a senior level administrator role
· Minimum of three years' experience in project management and personnel supervision is required
· Demonstrates strong apttude to work with business owners for planning of enterprise-wide technologies
· Demonstrates strong aptitude to work effectively and support others in an environment of continuous change.
· Subject matter expert with Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2 in an enterprise domain environment
· Subject matter expert with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
· Subject matter expert with AD group policies
· Subject matter expert with PowerShell and scripting processes
· Subject matter expert with vSphere system administration and support including VMotion, HA, DRS, vCenter Host Profiles, resource pools, Storage and P2V migrations
· Subject matter expert with Citrix XenApp Presentation Server administration and support including farm, configuration, and profile management
· Working experience with Linux Red Hat
· Working experience with HP Open VMS
· Working experience with SQL
· Working experience with Storage Systems
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday to accomplish tasks.
2. Availability for emergency and on call duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, as needed.
3. Occasional travel may be required.
4. Lift and carry communications equipment and computer hardware weighing up to fifty pounds.
5. Corrected vision in the normal range required to configure, test, and troubleshoot network server hardware and data.
6. Hearing within normal range.
7. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate applicable computer hardware, a variety of hand tools and standard office equipment.
8. May work additional work hours to accomplish tasks.
1. Possession of a valid California Driver's License is required.
2. Current Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert with Exchange, or Design electives, and one of the following:
· VMware Certified Advance Professional
· Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
3. Project Management Professional (Desired)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled