Kiosk Leasing Manager
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €63 billion, the company owns and operates 97 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €12.5 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
We are seeking an experienced Kiosk Leasing Manager to join our Los Angeles Permanent Leasing team. Reporting to the S.V.P. Leasing/Los Angeles Region, this position is responsible for a responsible for the kiosk leasing and budgets associated with that part of the leasing program. IN ADDITION, you will also be responsible for leasing new/renewal/ and extension in-line deals within the region as part of the team.
We are looking for aKiosk Leasing Manager who will:
· Favorably negotiate and execute Kiosk lease agreements with retailers to achieve the center’s Kiosk Leasing budget.
· Through prospecting efforts, identify and secure appropriate retailers, uses or concepts that align with the center’s long-term leasing strategy. This includes both kiosk and inline leasing strategies.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with new and existing retailers in Leasing Manager’s assigned center/s.
· Have a strong understanding of the business of retail, retail business plans and its relation to the lease and/or license agreement negotiation process.
· Be able to develop and execute a center-specific merchandising strategy that supports local business development with timely and relevant concepts that offer a point of differentiation for leasing manager’s assigned centers.
· Work with 3rd Party Design and Fabrication firms in the development and approval of kiosk designs and fit-outs.
· Remain current on retail trends in the shopping center including entertainment, gifts, technology, service, and food categories.
· Be the common area Mall Retail expert and be able to represent the business at all internal and external business meetings and functions.
· Maintain strong and healthy working business relationships.
· Develop an understanding of shopping center consumer demographics and be able to speak to such as part of the negotiation process.
· Align with the leasing and management merchandising strategy for the center.
· Complete involvement and follow-through in the lease negotiation deal process with lease administration, design and tenant coordination to ensure smooth deal-flow process.
· Ability to read and interpret financial statements, business plans and internal reports and measures.
· Ability to interpret kiosk architectural designs and conceptual drawings.
· Basic knowledge of city codes and construction requirements.
· Ability to efficiently communicate cross-departmentally (Leasing, Management, Facilities).
· Maintain monthly kiosk financial forecast reports.
· Supplement the inline leasing team with sourcing and negotiating new deals or completing inline renewals as needed.
The minimum requirements and skills include:
· Three+ years in shopping center industry, preferably leasing or Specialty Leasing.
· Four year college degree preferred.
· Excellent negotiation skills with a flair for the creative.
· Strong written, personal and phone skills.
· Ability to use influence to enlist teamwork and develop relationships with co-workers and clients.
· Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
· Master of managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
· Self- directed, organized and goal oriented.
· Proficient in technology based software (excel, Salesforce.com, Word, power point).
· Capability to perform under tight deadlines to ensure completion of annual goals.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Local travel required for tenant prospecting and shopping center visits.
· Occasional air travel required.
Your success at URW is dependent upon several key factors:
- Business Acumen and Development: Behaviors aligned with the Company culture of passion for work, adapting and embracing change, and initiating and promoting innovation. Knowing how to prospect and negotiate deals and managing a budget.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills: Fosters internal and external relationships and team work across all company disciplines. Has the ability to create a personal development plan that incorporates on-line research, prospecting, marketing, and communicating across all social media avenues.
- Problem Solving/Leadership: Self-Motivated and eager to learn quickly, with analytical capability, including a flexible mindset to offer solutions in an ever changing environment. Operates with integrity and supports others.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.