Providence is calling a Manger - Laboratory Services (Laboratory, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
OFFERING $10,000 SIGN ON BONUS & RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!
In this position you will:
- LEADERSHIP/SUPERVISION: Demonstrates the ability to provide leadership by developing a positive work environment. Provides guidance and support to staff members to ensure that they are able to perform their work effectively and efficiently. Directs the activities of the department to ensure that continuous quality and cost effective services are provided. Demonstrates the ability to make decisions, delegate tasks and encourage staff to use their talents to achieve the desired outcomes. Appropriately credits staff and/or other team members for their effort and accomplishment.
- COMMUNICATION: Demonstrates professional interpersonal and verbal skills when communicating with a wide variety of people from differing literacy levels, languages and cultures. Communicates effectively in a compassionate manner to patients, families, visitors and other staff members. Exhibits the necessary written skills for effective communication and documentation.
- TEAMWORK: Exhibits the necessary skills to build effective teams by coaching, building trust, and training staff to work collaboratively and cohesively with other staff and/or team members in a variety of settings Encourages positive interaction and if necessary, directs staff to work directly with other team members when resolving issues. Monitors key processes to identify and define the team’s effectiveness.
- DEVELOPMENT AND ORGANIZING: Develops and implements work schedules and work assignments fairly, equally, and in a manner which is consistent with staff learning and development plans. Develops, implements and maintains departmental policies and procedures in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal, State and Municipal requirements to ensure safe and effective services. Participates in personnel functions including hiring, evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations. Anticipates and prioritizes workflow and adjusts work assignments to prevent delays and meet workflow demands. Utilizes available resources to recognize errors/problems and takes corrective action and assists with problem resolutions.
- FINANCIAL RESOURCE/STEWARDSHIP: Is responsible for completing and regularly monitoring the departmental operating and capital budgets. Anticipates and adjusts operating plans to meet facility goals. Coordinates and collects statistical and other information to support and develop current and/or new services while insuring cost effective processes and development plans are in place. Oversees service agreements and equipment purchases to support the departmental, facility and community needs.
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT: Develops and maintains the quality control and quality assurance programs by developing indicators to measure, monitor, and report performance to other team members. Seeks input from various customer groups in order to develop and maintain quality. Reports to the Performance Improvement Committee (PIC) as required.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Embraces the Providence Service Standards in all aspects of position. Presents and conducts self in a professional manner. Provides support to coworkers and customers while demonstrating service excellence by building positive interpersonal relations to ensure productive and positive relationships are maximized. Develops a deep understanding of customer’s perspectives and needs and works to meet their expectations. Builds a culture of true caring by behavior and interactions with others.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Physical or Biological Science
- National certification as Medical Technologist (MT) from the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) from ASCP
- Alaska driver’s license with clean driving record and proof of current vehicle insurance may be required
- BLS or the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of date of hire required
- 4 years training or experience in high complexity microbiology
- Experience with Laboratory Information Systems
- Knowledge with Laboratory Information Systems
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 5 years experience in the clinical laboratory with 2 or more years as a staff Medical Technologist during career
- 2 years health care management
About Kodiak Island Medical Center
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center (PKIMC) provides comprehensive health care to residents and visitors of Kodiak Island. This critical access hospital features 25 acute care beds, including four birthing suites, one OB triage room, and two ICU beds. In addition, the Elder House, PKIMC’s long term care facility, has 22 beds.
PKIMC provides an extensive array of inpatient and outpatient services, including emergency department, surgery, laboratory services, maternity, general medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, respiratory therapy, sleep studies, specialty clinics, diagnostic imaging services and pharmacy and is staffed by a mix of primary care physicians, surgeons and specialists who provide family practice, internal medicine, obstetrics, radiology and general practice.
For more information regarding Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, please click on the following link: http://providence-kodiakhealthcare.jobs/