Freed Maxick CPAs, P.C. has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Manager of Learning & Development in our Buffalo office.
- Along with the Human Resources team, the Employee Advancement and Retention Network (EARN), and other departments as appropriate, develop and implement learning and development strategies and programs that drive business results, employee engagement and advancement, and retention; Such methodologies must be in alignment with our Strategic Plan, and build both people and organization capabilities, based on individual strengths and capabilities, departmental and Firm needs, etc.
- Develop and coordinate firm-wide professional development programs; encourage and promote a learning culture through creation, promotion and publication of formalized employee mentoring programs.
- Proactively learn the subject matter of various training programs and execute internally; when necessary, serve as the SME and trainer/instructor.
- Cultivate positive relationships and channels of communication with practice areas and practice group leaders, department heads and specialists, etc.
- Deliver/assist in live and virtual programs in a way that is tailored and relevant to each audience.
- Responsible for the successful training of new employees – as part of onboarding – as well as training current employees on new initiatives, i.e. software, learning platforms, etc.
- Develop manuals, job aids, elearning resources, training guides, newsletters, or other materials as it pertains to user education. Create and maintain a Firm library of current study materials, training providers, online resources, etc. and study groups for various certifications; utilize the Firm’s Intranet whenever possible.
- Develop, coordinate and customize specific level curriculums, supervisory and management programs; analyze, track and encourage employee usage, satisfaction and development through use of these programs.
- Work to support talent and reward processes and behaviors including career planning, promotion opportunities, soft skills initiatives, identifying appropriate Continuing Professional Education (CPE), leadership development programs, etc.
- Monitor and track all internal and external CPE attendance; build an inventory of high-quality CPE and ensure resources are adequately and appropriately channeled.
- Approve CPE attendance / participation after vetting and communicating with appropriate parties.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with employees and relationships with relevant groups.
- Proactively facilitate and advise management of any employee issues; escalate when necessary.
- Proactively understand, anticipate and analyze a group or individual’s training needs to determine the most effective training solutions, and then execute on that plan. Conduct needs assessment, gap analysis and evaluations on all current and future programs.
- Conduct regular training needs analysis to identify competencies, training requirements, training/professionalization deficiencies and learning objectives; Provide recommendations and solutions to upper management for training needs and improvements.
- Oversee and collaborate with vendors on custom-designed programs (i.e. leadership & management training); evaluate for future use.
- Assist with coordination of the Firm’s Internship and Leadership Programs with regard to learning sessions, opportunities, etc.
- Provide resources and training for Performance Advisors (PAs) on a regular and as-needed basis; coach PAs and Management to a higher level of performance and accountability.
- After annual promotions, and for new hires, create and execute training (including soft skills) specific to our Firm and levels.
- Record and create professional-looking videos and training material for internal use.
- Use the Firm’s employee assessment tools as a basis for learning and development.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization; help execute business function with people development strategy, direction and priorities.
- Compile and analyze training (CPE) records and provide learning progress reports as requested and required
- Bring practical and real-life experience in adult learning and people development areas e.g. promotion, engagement, evaluation and sustainment
- Demonstrate ownership of the Learning and Development Processes, including full accountability to meet Firm training goals and creating a positive learner experience through managing the training schedules content, interactions and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 8+ years in leadership/development programs; professional services experience a plus; academic backgrounds will be considered
- The ideal candidate must have proven experience facilitating, designing, and producing materials for robust training programs, that will increase an employee's competencies and performance.
- Must be actively familiar with current trends in training to include e-learning, remote, video, and other digital training methods.
- Close attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive; takes initiative; able to execute without prompting, follow-up.
- Experience creating consultative business partnerships and leading large-scale training initiatives is required.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Effective consulting and influencing skills, a track record of developing solid relationships with internal clients, problem solving skills, and strong project management and vendor management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust direction as needs change.
Send cover letter, resume and salary range request in confident to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.freedmaxick.com to learn more about us!
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Professional Development
- Performance bonus
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Events
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Free Food and Coffee
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Schedules
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Work From Home
- Merchandise Discounts
Training and Development Manager