Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We are seeking a Logistics Manager for our facility in Los Angeles, CA who will be responsible for the successful operations and oversight of the Logistics (shipping, receiving, warehousing and company material transportation) department.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
30% - Coordinate, monitor and provide oversight of Logistics workforce and Supervisors to ensure that work operations are executed on a daily basis. Actively assist and provide direction in support of material control processes including:
- Conducting continuous cycle and periodic physical inventory of all stock on-hand.
- Ensuring proper identification of all stock, handling requirements and special storage requirements in keeping with security and safety directives and government laws and regulations.
- Controlling release of materials and/or tools and equipment, including the issuing of proper documentation.
- Maintaining continuous safety surveillance, and instructs and investigates safety issues or incidents.
- Coordinating with operating production or engineering personnel to resolve problems, expedite deliveries of tools, materials, supplies, and to determine priorities.
- Perform onboarding of new hires to ensure proper indoctrination into process, procedure and program specific requirements.
- Ensure inventory accuracy levels remain about 95% minimum MMAS standard.
- Active participation in internal, external and customer audits.
20% - Support Enterprise Logistics organization initiatives, projects and ARBOS as directed by management. Travel to other AR logistics sites may be required on a limited basis.
Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in 3P, VSM, Visual Management projects.
- Significant program transfers, warehouse consolidation efforts.
- Standardization of processes and command media.
- Provide back-up management support to other facilities as necessary.
15% - Prepare and maintain metrics, records and reports covering the acceptance of materials, parts and equipment from suppliers, including the identification and verification of supplier data.
15% - Plan and coordinate the in-process warehouse activity to prepare and deliver required quantities of material to their point of use as requisitioned. Attend site and program production meetings to ensure Operations and site requirements are achieved as directed.
15% - Prepare reports and maintain metrics regarding the unit's activities including work in process, activities completed, machine and material utilization and overall productivity/performance. Use information and reports to improve department processes, services and efficiency.
5% - Provide on-the-job training and instruction to personnel.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and 9 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to plan, organize, coordinate, direct and control the activities of the assigned organization. Requires experience in Logistics/Operations functions.
US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. May also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.