Location: Irving, TX
Campaign Development within Marketing Operations at SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services supports the Marketing department by developing, automating and managing marketing campaigns in a high volume, fast-paced environment using Teradata Customer Interaction Manager (CIM).
This role will report to the Senior Manager of Campaign Development and play a critical role in the future success of the department. You will ensure the quality of the team's work by adhering to established development standards, overseeing the development process, managing the deployment process and also managing the incoming workload to ensure timely delivery of projects. When new employees are hired, you will facilitate their training and provide feedback on the employee.
This is a production-heavy position where meeting deadlines and providing high-quality, error-free work are equally important. This role will keep you on your toes, so you must be able to switch gears quickly. The optimal candidate will be technical enough to read and write SQL and develop campaigns, but also have a knack for understanding business intent. We need someone that is up for this challenge and ready to hit the ground running.
SiriusXM provides a great benefits package and you will work with a fun and dedicated team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage incoming workload and distribution to the team.
* Interpret business requirements provided by project owners and/or business systems analyst to create technical specification documents.
* Develop campaigns from technical specifications using Teradata Customer Interaction Manager (CIM). This will include output for email, direct mail, outbound call, in-vehicle messaging and push notifications.
* Unit test output files to ensure requirements are met.
* Peer review campaigns developed by others to ensure quality.
* Manage high-volume production deployment process
* Analysis in Teradata SQL environment.
* Train new employees.
* Be the liaison between IT and Campaign Development team on campaign-impacting systems enhancements.
* Implement improvements to workflow processes to gain efficiencies.
* Support introduction of new programs and/or campaigns, working with cross-functional teams to ensure operational readiness.
* Seasoned professional -- Must have eight or more years of practical business experience.
* Complex SQL query experience - You needn't be a SQL guru, but you are able to write complex SQL statements for analysis and development and are able to reverse-engineer someone else's work. You consider yourself a "data person" and are very comfortable learning a business through its data.
* BS/BA (Marketing, Computer Information Systems, Business, or similar degree preferred) or equivalent experience with demonstrated proficiency
Requirements and General Skills:
* Innate ability to understand business and relate it to technical application.
* Solid communication skills - Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences as well have the ability understand issues from a marketing and customer experience perspective.
* Astounding attention to detail - You are the one that finds what everyone else misses.
* History in a high-volume production work environment. We have deadlines and we must meet them with accurate work that satisfies the business intent.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of user acceptance testing.
* One of the following:
o CRM administration -- you were the administrator for a CRM like Salesforce, Siebel or similar and have hands-on experience pulling data for marketing campaigns. You will be comfortable with the concept of customer segmentation.
o Or Heavy experience with a marketing automation platform where your primary responsibility was in a Marketing or Marketing Operations role. You will be very familiar with concepts such as customer segmentation and lead generation.
o Or Multiple years of SQL database development experience in a high-volume, production role and now desire to move into the marketing world. You will be very comfortable with development and deployment concepts.
o Or Marketing Operations experience in either subscription, triggered or equivalent marketing industry.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
* Ability to independently analyze data, identify discrepancies and inconsistencies and recommend a course of corrective action.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate initiative and sound judgment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Strong understanding of CRM application functions and database objects.
* Experience in a marketing operations role, preferably in developing output for campaigns.
* Understanding of customer segmentation principles.
* CRM system and/or data warehousing experience - Teradata/CIM are preferred, but any SQL environment experience is applicable.
* Hands on experience and knowledge of SQL - ability to query against SQL database using multiple joins to target records based on given criteria.
* Knowledge of marketing concepts, customer databases, and campaign management software.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled