Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past five consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Illness and Accident insurance.
PRIMARY PURPOSE for MANAGER- MEASUREMENT ENGINEERING:
Manage and support the Measurement Engineering group. This team provides engineering services to all new and existing Tallgrass measurement facilities and pipelines, which include various assets for gathering, processing, and transportation of natural gas and crude oil. Responsibilities include planning, design, implementation, and ongoing support for measurement and control for new and existing facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide guidance and mentorship to promote an effective and cooperative team environment.
• Manage the group engineering workload on measurement related activities involving gathering, transmission, and processing of natural gas and crude oil.
• Provide direct engineering support as needed, especially on large capital projects.
• Act as technical resource and mentor for the measurement engineering staff.
• Lead effort to maintain Tallgrass’ Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, Drawing Standards, and Operating & Maintenance Procedures as they pertain to Measurement engineering disciplines. Help ensure all standards and procedures are compliant with regulations.
• Monitor field L&U levels for achievement of departmental goals. Coordinate station audits as necessary to inspect field assets for potential losses.
• Develop and maintain meter diagnostic health tools and PI tools for monitoring the health of the installed base of meters.
• Coordinate the testing and evaluation of new products required for measurement purposes.
• Coordinate activities and provide support to other business units such as Project Management, Operations, System Design, OCC, Business Development, etc.
• Participate in review of 3rd party connection agreements to ensure equitable transactions from a design and operational perspective.
• Assist with departmental and project related budgeting and planning.
• Develop scope and justification for measurement related capital improvements.
• Collaborate with management to develop short and long term continuous improvement planning. Track and manage strategic planning on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for performance management for all engineering direct reports. Work with employee to set employee goals and develop a strategy to assist each employee in the attainment of those goals.
• Keep abreast of industry trends, technology and changes. Participate in industry organizations as necessary.
• Communicate regular status reports on a variety of projects and activities
• Articulate and present ideas, proposals and results to upper management.
• Provide technical support as needed during working and non-working hours
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering.
• A minimum of 8 years direct work experience in the energy industry.
• Subject matter expertise in the design and operation of measurement systems for natural gas and crude oil facilities.
• Strong understanding of applicable AGA, GPA, and API-MPMS standards for Oil, NGL and Natural Gas measurement.
• Advanced proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong project coordination, prioritization, planning and management skills.
• Attention to detail and willingness to provide hands on engineering support.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with all levels of management as well as employees in corporate and field offices
• Strong leadership skills with a history of leading teams to complete projects. A history of executing projects with challenging circumstances is preferred.
• Self-motivated and willing to learn new and changing technologies.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong presentation and report writing skills
• Position requires up to 25% travel to site
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
• Must manage a group of engineering professionals.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Experience supervising or managing individuals.
• Experience with EFM programming and design.
• Understanding of Flowcal Measurement software.
• Utilization of condition based monitoring for measurement equipment.
• Background with formalizing facility interconnect agreements, especially as they relate to measurement and operation of the interconnect.
• Understanding of BLM regulations as it pertains to gas and crude oil measurement.
• Familiarity with regulations governing interstate pipelines systems; including, PHMSA Pipeline Safety Regulations (Title 49 CFR Parts 192, 195)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V