Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for assisting in the daily management of Medical Staff Office activities including staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Ensures that the work operations meet internal/external standards for Parkland and affiliated institutions.
- Must have eight (8) years of expert level Medical Staff Office experience.
- Must have two (2) years of experience serving in a Medical Staff Office supervisory capacity within a complex multidisciplinary healthcare system.
- Must have two (2) years of experience working with elements of the Provider Professional Evaluation (FPPE/OPPE) standards.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must be certified by the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) as a Certified Professional in Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) within one (1) year of hire or placement in job.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with Medical Staff, hospital management, and staff level personnel.
- Must have excellent management skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills to evaluate complex situations, ability to formulate decisions, and execute a plan of action.
- Must have expert knowledge of hospital accreditation, medical/allied staff credentialing, privileging, appointment and licensure requirements.
- Must have effective organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Must have the ability to act on own initiative, and assume responsibility for such initiatives.
- Must be able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with practitioners, hospital leadership, and staff.
- Must be proficient with personal computer, spreadsheet and word processing software.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.