Description :The person in this role will be responsible for performing fundamental analysis, research, and transaction analysis for natural gas and how it impacts Calpine’s electric generation fleet. This will include the following activities:
• Identifies value proposition and inherent risks in natural gas transactions and proposes appropriate valuation methodology.
• Performs analysis to price structured natural gas transactions in collaboration with marketing/origination/business development as part of the deal approval process.
• Support the continued development of:
o Calpine’s modeling infrastructure including asset and contract models as well as repositories of fundamental market data
o Periodic corporate business plan projections and commercial transaction targets
o Commercial views supporting business strategy, hedging decisions, and development/acquisition opportunities.
• Present valuation results to members of the senior management team.
• Works within broad guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have a long term impact for the company..
Requirements :Bachelor’s Degree in economics, mathematics, business, engineering, or other quantitative discipline with at least seven years of experience in energy sector is required. Knowledge and experience should cover a significant subset of the following:
• Knowledge of U.S .natural gas market, especially related to natural gas basis and regional supply and demand fundamentals.
• Familiarity with research tools such as ABB Ability Velocity Suite, Bentek, Genscape, and pipe flow data sources.
• Strong understanding of pipeline operations and tariffs and the ability understand and value contracts relating to natural gas transport and storage.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Power Point)