CERELIA is a leading producer of rolled dough and pancakes in Europe, backed by Ardian Investment Partners. Cerelia brings over 40 years of expertise, currently operating in 22 countries, with strong ambitions to further develop and grow its global market footprint.
CÃ©rÃ©lia is a major player in the private label segment while also offering its own brands such as Croustipate, Pop Bakery, Amicuccina, Jan, Abracadeborah, Creapan and English Bay Batter. Chilled and frozen home dough includes: pie dough, pizza dough, pastry dough, cookie dough, crepes, pancakes, brick pastry sheets and filo pastry.
CÃ©rÃ©lia currently operates 11 production plants globally with ~1600 employees throughout Europe, North America and Asia. Products are sold in 50 countries with current sales of ~$470 million Euros (~$690 million CDN).
CERELIA NORTH AMERICA develops and produces exceptionally high quality products including: frozen cookie dough and muffin batter in pre-portion sizes and scoop and bake pails for the food service industry as well as in-store bakeries of North American grocery, mass and club stores.
Baked gourmet cookies and muffins for distribution through multiple channels, including quick service restaurants. Refrigerated products including cookie, pastry and biscuit dough sold to North American Grocery Stores in a variety of formats including canister, chub, break-and-bake and place-and-bake. CÃ©rÃ©lia Bakery products are available for all distribution channels: Food Service, In-Store Bakeries, Private Label, Convenience and Club Stores. We are primarily a private-label manufacturer but also offer products under our own â€˜English Bay Batterâ€™ brand.
Our Research and Development is on-going, aimed at introducing new and exciting products to complement our delectable bakery lines. Our high standard of quality has resulted in â€œExcellentâ€ and â€œGoodâ€ ratings in all 5 of our plants, as performed by third party auditors such as Silliker; Guelph Food Technology Institute; ASI Food Safety and SQF certification level 2.
We are an aggressive, flexible company dedicated to providing quality products that satisfy customer needs and market place demands.
For more insight on CÃ©rÃ©lia please visit: https://www.cerelia.com/en/
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the R&D Director - North America, this position provides the technical support to commercialize new products (from bench to plant trials to full scale commercialization runs), implement new equipment/manufacturing processes as well as oversee the continuous improvement activities (cost savings, line efficiencies, waste reduction, product quality). The Manager - New Product Commercialization & Processes will also participate in the validation and qualification of new raw materials.
- NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & LAUNCH: Liaise with the R&D product managers, director and cross-functional team to ensure product transfer from bench to plant, recording and developing all operating parameters in the plant during scale-up trials and launches. Ensure quality attributes are maintained while achieving manufacturing targets in terms of OEE, waste, labour. Participates in people training for new products. Provide data for post launch review with cross-functional team.
- PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION: Execute analysis to support global product/process rationalization efforts. Perform manufacturing process benchmarking analysis and manufacturing cost comparisons
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT : Technically support continuous improvement projects throughout the global business related to manufacturing processes to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety, etc. Provide an environment and process for CI activities within the business by working with the manufacturing plant teams to identify CI solutions, and then follow through with implementation support and evaluation.
- RAW MATERIAL VALIDATION: Technical support to assess the new raw material (ingredients and packaging) suppliers, manage the pilot test on line, organize the plant trials with the operation team, realize the product sensory evaluation.
- COST SAVING: Manage in collaboration with procurement and R&D the cost saving program on raw material, supplier approval, etc.
- PROCESS OPTIMIZATION: Technical support, develop and propose new methodology to improve line efficiency, productivity and waste reduction from the dosing system up to the packaging
- STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE: Bring methodology and write the SOP's
- TRAINING: Develop the training support for the dough management, and all the process steps, train the operators on the line to better utilize the equipment,
- Advanced technical manufacturing process experience with expertise in finishing processes such as dough lamination and mixing
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturing
- Scientific and practical knowledge of the bakery ingredients, and packaging
- Strong knowledge of the bakery process, lamination and mixing
- Proven ability to influence internal and external customers
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
- University Degree in Food Sciences, Nutrition and food processing experience and knowledge
- Flexible with working hours
- Works under minimal supervision
- Ability to lead by influencing others with confidence
- Ability to improve an organizations people, processes, and systems
- Strong communication, facilitation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical ability with a bias for making decisions
- Effective team player with ability to collaborate efficiently and share information within teams
- Strong drive to learn and stay current on regulatory trends
- High level of integrity
- Customer -centric mindset
- Proven ability in organizing and leading programs to achieve performance targets and create a climate of collaboration
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of hourly and management personnel
- Willingness and proven ability to make decisions and hold people accountable for their performance
- Computer skills â€“ Advanced knowledge in MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to create and maintain an environment that is fun to come to even given stretch targets - no-bureaucratic type of attitude
We continue to expand our business in North America and are currently in the process of building a new state-of-the-art facility in Whitehall, Columbus. Join our growing team of entreprenuers!
Powered by JazzHR