This position is responsible for the administrative and business management of the assigned clinic. This position will oversee patient care services including the planning, development, implementation and evaluation/improvement of clinical care services/programs, which includes patient experience, patient safety, HEDIS quality measures, financial goals, etc. This position also implements, maintains and evaluates clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets and staff development. Also, this position manages operations and services that add value and are integrated with nursing standards of practice, service priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with strategic, business and organizational goals/objectives. This position will work with the Site Medical Director and Clinic Administrator to achieve clinic quality, patient satisfaction, financial goals and ensure all staff are up to date with clinic objectives such as quality boards, present progress on clinic objectives at staff meetings, etc. This position will report to the Clinic Administrator and receive support from Regional Nursing Leadership.
- Oversees patient care services including the planning, development, implementation and evaluation/improvement of clinical care services/programs.
- Manages outpatient programs, services, operations in order to deliver quality nursing services and outpatient care which are integrated with business plans and meet or exceed cost containment, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures.
- Achieves integrated services across the continuum of care and manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical practices, services, and operations by implementing systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care
- Collaborates with Site Medical Director and Clinic Administrator in formulating, implementing and evaluating business plans/strategies and new models/methods of service delivery for clinical care services, as well as educational programs to enhance the staff clinical/management expertise.
- Accountable for meeting patient satisfaction, safety, and financial goals as set by Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), preventive care and ‘meaningful use’ clinical goals).
- Ensure clinic is consistently health plan and regulatory compliance ready on a regular basis. Need to notify Regional Nursing Managers as soon as they are informed of an upcoming audit (CLIA, Business License, Fire Safety, Elevator License, XRay License, etc)
- Ensures patient care staff provides the highest quality of care in compliance with Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and support staff in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as a patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care in collaboration with the Regional Nursing Manager and Triad leadership
- Provide input to budgets and monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Implements and monitors policies and procedures
- Responsible for coordination & delivery of Patient Care Medical Home services between clinic departments.
- Participates in process of screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all clinical back office staff in collaboration with Clinic Administrator & HRBP, responsible for disciplinary action (hire, fire, PIP), as assigned
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters degree in nursing, health services, business administration or management preferred.
- Current valid license as a registered nurse through the California Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience preferred in ambulatory care
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills; knowledge of clinical care practices, operations and local, state and federal regulatory standards.
- Prior experience with an Electronic Health/Medical (EHR/EMR) system preferred.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid Training.