The person in the position of Manager of Academic operations is responsible for the leading efforts of school academic operations in the school, particularly three critical areas:
Schoolwide Academic Operations
- Determine and communicate duty posts for staff during common duty times, maintain records of staff compliance with duty posts and reinforce the expectations.
- Manage the substitute teacher system including maintaining the relationship with the agency, development of sub plans, and assignment of emergency coverage in partnership with the Manager of Business Operations.
- Maintain an updated inventory of instructional curriculum throughout the school building and manage the process of replenishing as deemed necessary by school leaders.
- Maintain an updated classroom supply inventory throughout the school building and manage the process of replenishing as deemed necessary by school leaders and in partnership with the Manager of Business Operations.
- Manage the progress report and report card process including setting up the reporting cycles, supporting teachers with weighting in accordance with the grading policy, and ensuring teacher completion of report cards in advance of administrative approval.
- Manage relationships with academic vendors and partners including curriculum providers, academic software, and other academic support providers.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing and Talent Acquisition to schedule interviews in accordance with the school schedule and provide operational expertise to in-person interviews.
- Manage the relationship with outside instructional technology vendors and serve as the liaison between the vendors and instructional leadership and teachers.
- Support the special education team with acquisition of related service providers in conjunction with the special education coordinator.
- Maintain a system for Chromebook accountability and inventory management including check-out and check-in, family contracts, inventory of equipment, and management of loss or broken equipment.
Assessment and Data Management
- Lead the administration of schoolwide assessments (Interim assessments and other assessments such as NWEA) including scheduling, proctor assignments, technology setup, and communication of assessment plan to all stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Assistant Principals, support with operational coordination of 3-8 State Testing and Regents examinations including but not limited to setup of process for check-in and check-out of testing materials, procurement of testing materials, requisition of testing from the state.
- Maintain the school’s data dashboard for the Board of Trustees and adjust as necessary based upon the feedback received from school and board leadership.
- Create public school data visuals as requested by board and school leadership.
Compliance to Local, State, and Federal Mandates
- Partnership with Family Coordinator, School Aides and Operations Associates to manage attendance and efforts to increase attendance rates in the school.
- Manage the process of Special Education billing in conjunction with special education teachers and the Manager of Business Operations.
- Partner with the Manager of Business Operations to complete all local, state, and federal level reporting requirements including the DOE Annual Report, ESSA compliance, and other mandated reports.
- Bachelor's degree or better in Education, Business Administration, Organizational Management or related
- 3 - 5 years of real education industry experience, preferably in direct teaching.
- 1 - 2 years of experience leading operational tasks in a workplaceenvironment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing relationships with various stakeholders.
- Broad-based technical expertise and a detailed understanding of how things work in schools.
- Experience delivering a world-class customer experience and a detailed understanding of what made that customer experience world-class
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Strong technology skills and knowledge of the latest equipment
- Prior position with State or Local Departments of Education
- Passionate about the education of scholars
- Proven leadership and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural tendencytoward collaboration
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Strong organization, problem solving and analytical skil