Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Camden, NJ, the company employs over 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 46 states. To learn more about American Water and additional career opportunities, visit www.amwater.com.
Function as the Corporate liaison with the individual Business Units to coordinate activities related to the company's capital investment program. Provide overall guidance and support, and assure that all deliverables are submitted timely, accurately, and in accordance with all company policies and practices.
- Manage multiple projects and perform varied engineering assignments associated with capital planning, design or construction.
- Efficient management of sub contractors including negotiations of sub-contract agreements; delivery of projects on time and within pre-established budgets. Supervise field and contract personnel to ensure timely completion of assignments, within budget and adherence to standards.
- Assist in the preparation of technical, bidding and contractual documents associated with delivery of capital investment projects.
- Establish project budget and cost. Monitor and manage budgets and schedules for medium to small Capital Investment Projects and programs of moderate scope and complexity.
- Provide technical expertise on engineering and operational issues.
- Adhere to Engineering Standards, specifications and, equipment manufacturer recommendations to support MSG initiatives.
- Strong construction management skills.
- Strong construction procurement skills.
- Strong design skills.
- Ability to manage and influence subcontractors and consultants.
- Ability to identify the risks and rewards of capital projects.
- Develop capital program strategy and lead capital pricing.
- Ability to work on multiple contracts simultaneously.
- Strong team player with good relationship and networking skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of Auto CAD/GIS.
- Highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic attitude.
- 10 -15 years experience managing and implementing Capital Improvement Programs.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Environmental, Construction Management or related field. Commensurate experience may be considered
- Ten (10) plus years experience managing and implementing Capital Improvement Programs & Construction Management
- Professional Engineer License (PE) desired and/or Construction Management certifications preferred
Prioritizes & Role Models Safety
Plans, Aligns, & Directs
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.