DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Manager of Case Management (RN) to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare West – Houston, TX
Manager of Case Management (RN)
HCA Houston Healthcare West is a full-service 266 bed hospital that provides a range of health services. It is recognized as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission and, under an affiliation agreement with The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, brings to its community The Woman’s Hospital of Texas at West Houston, a three-story cardiac and critical care tower. The Sugar Land Cancer Center and the Sugar Land Diagnostic Center, departments with HCA Houston Healthcare West, are located on the Southwest Freeway at the Williams Trace and Sugar Lakes exit.
HCA Houston Healthcare West is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
· The Manager of Case Management is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
· The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
· The Manager of Case Management establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at HCA Houston Healthcare - West
· The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Manager of Case Management into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing
- Bachelor degree required, BSN
- Two years supervisory or management experience required
- Three to five years previous case management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare IPPS rules and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of case management, discharge planning, and utilization review practices and ability to incorporate current trends successfully
- Must be proficient to expert in use of software conducive to developing and presenting program deliverables including, but not limited to, the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have strong clinical, analytical, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and electronic formats
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with a focus on the importance of teamwork
- Registration with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Case Management certification desirable
- Current CPR course completion
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.