MANAGER OF CORPORATE COMPLIANCE
Optio Solutions, LLC. is a fast growing Accounts Receivable Management Company founded by CrossCheck, Inc., a leader in the financial services community for a solid 30+ years and the third largest payment approval and check guarantee provider in the nation. Optio Solutions offers customized, effective and flexible Profit Recovery and Accounts Receivable Management services. Optio Solutions brings a unique and quality-based approach to our clients’ delinquent accounts with proven written and verbal demand services.
This position oversees the Optio Solutions Corporate Compliance Program and is responsible for understanding and implementing regulatory and legal procedures/policies/trainings related to FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, BCFP, GLBA, HIPAA, HITECH and Red Flags. This position ensures the Board of Directors that Optio Solutions management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of applicable regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s standards of conduct.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Responds to complaints of alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Conducts review, investigation, remediation process and response to violations or potential violations of applicable laws and regulations to regulatory and government agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Works with the parent Company Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Performs legal, regulatory and other research as needed in furtherance of compliance related policies, procedures and collections functions.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Business, Finance, Public Administration or related area (J.D. degree preferred)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in direct investigative discipline, application and interpretation of laws and regulations, and compliance management. (Collection Industry preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Understanding of ethics, laws and regulations related to the FDCPA, FCRA, TCPA, CFPB, GLBA, HIPAA, HITECH and Red Flags Rule
- Understanding of risk management, and performance improvement helpful
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills to identify issues, evaluate problems, policies, procedures and formulate an effective course of action
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Commitment to accountability and transparency
- Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
- Detailed oriented and highly organized