SDH Manager Engineering Service
Administration of service request system to include, daily assignment, follow-up of those assignment and working with the Engineering Services Supervisor and Lead Plant Operator to verify that our customer service request are attended on a daily basis. This would include the direct supervision of staff members and the management service request. The position reports to the Director of Engineering/Facilites Services.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; related technical training, courses in supervisory management, and/or Associate's Degree in Plant Technology desirable.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience in supervision of installation, maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment. Ability to direct work of mechanics and assistants; interest in organizing and maintaining comprehensive preventative maintenance program. Supervisory experience is required, sufficient previous experience in a hospital setting desirable. Ability to use independent judgment, diplomacy, initiative, ingenuity, memory for details, organizational skills, and verbal and written communication skills required.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization. Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention. Maintains hospital standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience. Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice. Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities. Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards. Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information. Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization. Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Direct supervision of Engineering Services staff members. Responsible for ongoing coaching/counseling, Mid-Year/Year End Evaluation. Establishing annual performance goals, allocates resources, assesses performance to make recommendation on individual merit, incentive and/or promotional increases Provides engineering and technical counsel on codes and standards, maintenance and repair of equipment and related facilities, and establishes appropriate safety standards Establishes quality control on all work performed by engineering personnel and ensures compliance Consults with other departmental personnel on equipment operation and problems. Schedules repair and maintenance of all types of facility equipment and building repairs. This process involves assigning, distributing and follow-up of an average of 20,000 service request annually. Performs preventative maintenance inspections and electrical safety testing and verifies that problems encountered are resolved. Verifies documentation as per regulatory or TJC standards Responds to emergency calls within the facility; troubleshoots equipment and problems and repairs as needed within areas of responsibility. Works with equipment manufacturers on repair work and orders parts needed for equipment repair and maintenance Maintains records, reports and files as required regulatory agencies and the TJC Standards on Accreditation Works with outside contractors to resolve and make repairs outside the capabilities of the engineering department expertise such as; roofing issues, physical plant equipment, air conditioning/heating equipment, emergency generators etc.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, or sitting while on duty. Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 10-15 pounds with or without assistance. Visual and auditory acuity and manual dexterity essential to performing designated duties required. Ability to perform effectively in a stressful and fast paced environment. Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests. Physical conditions are clean, neat and well lit. Maybe subjected to unpleasant sights and odors, stressful situations and hazardous or infectious agents where judgment as to precautions need to be taken is essential. Climate control an ambient temperature variance may be experienced. Exposure to limited amounts of hazardous chemicals or substances and infectious disease processes are a possibility. Hours of duty may be irregular or unexpectedly extended due to emergency circumstances. Direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which universal precautions apply. Personal protective equipment is made available and must be worn.
- Coordinates facility renovation projects throughout hospital and grounds, works with the individual contractors to verify that the work is completed according to specification. Coordinates work with other department to verify that a disruption in service does not occur while renovation takes place Works with hospital interior designer to relocate, install furniture, pictures and all other items that must be installed on the wall throughout the hospital as needed. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Participates in hospital committee meeting as required Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings