Delaware North operates the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, bringing to life the epic story of the U.S. space program, offering a full day of fun, inspiration and educational activities, including the new Astronaut Training Experience®, which opened in February 2018, as well as Heroes & Legends, featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®, presented by Boeing, the Kennedy Space Center Tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket, Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Shuttle Launch Experience®, and much more.
Responsible for management, budget, and operation of the concession areas and restaurant, coordinating and administering the functions of food production, food service, purchasing and quality control. Responsible for planning and directing the day-to-day operations of portable concessions and restaurant. Develop strategies to improve customer service, drive sales, and increase profitability. Ensure customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient. Ensure all menus and products are to a standard to effectively maximize sales and profitability.
1st Major Function
- Plan and direct the food and beverage operations for concession and a restaurant. Develop and implement standards of quality and performance in all phase of the Food Service operation.
- Maintain control for food production and make suggestions for improved methods.
- Responsible for the supervision of associates in the department.
2nd Major Function
- Keep informed of new developments in methods and equipment for application to food services operation and assist in planning new food service facilities where authorized.
- Creates and develops menu, beverage lists and prices. Initiate capital budget to replace, remodel equipment of the Food Service Operation.
3rd Major Function
- Establishes and maintains effective internal controls within the department.
- Provide instruction on company policies and procedures and ensure proper follow through.
4th Major Function
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Develops new concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food service.
- Maximizes sales potential through aggressive marketing of outlets.
- Recommends equipment to be used and is responsible for the proper selection of all food and beverage product.
- Responsible for insuring only the best quality of product is served in an efficient manner and the guest is receiving a special experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant preferred.
- 4 years of experience in Food and Beverage operations with a minimum of 2 years management experience.
- Ability to manage in a multi-unit and a fast-paced and diverse environment with focus on client and customer services.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Must have Food Managers Certification. HACCP certification preferred.
- Ability to develop new menu and F&B concepts and prepare concept for implementation.
- Knowledge of trends and changes in F&B landscape.
- Demonstrates a high level of computer literacy, particularly as it relates to F&B sales, cost tracking, inventory control, labor and accounting.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.