Responsible for one or more lab sections (histology, microbiology, phlebotomy, etc.). Establishes goals, and schedules and coordinates laboratory administration, including purchasing and maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies. Ensures that all activities are in compliance with organization goals and applicable regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or natural sciences required. MBA, MHA, or Master's degree in Administration preferred.
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Four years' experience is CLIA defined, high-complexity laboratory required. Minimum two years management experience required. Multi-hospital experience preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- M.T. (ASCP) or CLS (NCA) preferred.
- Membership in a professional organization(s) preferred.