Since its beginnings in 1922, Easton Archery has focused on offering innovative, high-quality products that enhance the end-user's sporting experience. Easton revolutionized the sport of archery by introducing straight, consistent aluminum arrows in the 1940s, and has been the world's leading archery innovator ever since. Easton shafts are used by more bowhunters, crossbowmen, 3D competitors, target shooters and Olympic archers than all other brands combined.
Our Salt Lake facility is adding a Manager of Manufacturing Engineering to our team.
The Manager of Manufacturing Engineering is responsible to ensure Easton has the right equipment and technology to produce quality products cost effectively in the United States. This role will also lead and develop the department's staff, and will be extensively involved with automation efforts, machine designs, and new equipment validation/implementation.
Lead Manufacturing Engineering staff:
- Ensure we have the right people on the team, set clear expectations, develop metrics to monitor performance, and provide regular feedback to employees
- Provide mentoring, leadership, and training
- Set and adjust priorities to balance long term project goals with daily production needs
Support LEAN and efficiency initiatives:
- Proactively seek opportunities to eliminate waste and improve efficiencies
- Identify and implement robotics and automation solutions appropriately scaled to Easton's manufacturing
- Lead and participate in Kaizen Events
Act as a subject matter expert for manufacturing equipment and capabilities:
- Ensure that production equipment, tooling, and processes meet the needs of Manufacturing and provide recommendations for improvement
- Support New Product Introduction initiatives through development of equipment, tooling and processes as required to support new products and materials
- Participate in equipment design activities ensure right technology for the job
- Provide leadership and training in experiment definition, design of experiments, and data analysis, reaching conclusions, and defining next steps for projects related to machine validation and verification
- Review and approve equipment designs, drawing, and layouts prior to fabrication or assembly
- Hands on participation with Engineers and Mechanics to troubleshoot equipment
- Prepare cost benefit analysis of potential projects
- Develop metrics to evaluate equipment effectiveness and set goals for continuous improvement
Maintain departmental systems and documentation:
- Ensure process records, machine and tooling documentation, equipment-related computer programs (PLC, robot, etc.) are kept up to date per Document Control system
The successful candidate will have the following education and experience:
BS Degree in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing engineering, or closely related discipline, with five years of Controls/Automation experience.
- Machine design, validation and implementation
- Identification and implementation of automation solutions in a medium batch size manufacturing facility
- Expert level knowledge of PLC and robotic programming/implementation
- 3D and 2D modeling Solidworks preferred
- Functional management of Engineering staff
- Cross-functional project management
Easton Technical Products, Inc. has a competitive offering of benefits including health, dental, vision, HSA/FSA/DCRA savings accounts, employer paid life insurance, optional Long and Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401k with company match, and paid vacation/holidays.