This role will contribute to REI’s success by driving the lifecycle marketing strategy and business model that delights customers establishes industry standards and ensures the commercial health of the co-op.
This role is also contributing by building the marketable audience, increasing conversion and driving retention for REI, through development, management and optimization of the marketing lifecycle strategies across customers touchpoints. The role will monitor trends and emerging technologies and assess how new opportunities that support key business goals can be leveraged to connect people to our co-op and create a seamless experience. This requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility with a willingness to regularly advocate for innovative marketing solutions. This role will partner with leaders in Loyalty, Experiences, CRM, as needed to provide strategic support to vet the potential efficacy of new structural components, offers, or partnerships. This role works with cross-divisional leaders in Marketing, Digital Retail, Retail, Experiences, IT to deliver an integrated, cross-channel customer experience related to lifecycle marketing programs and offers.
The Manager lifecycle marketing will be held accountable to the strategic roadmap and performance and be required to regularly update leadership stakeholders on key milestones.
- Responsible for leading a team of 3 direct reports.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Develops lifecycle strategy for REI’s members and experience prospect/customer to increase engagement and retention new and existing members/travelers. This includes leading vetting of new strategic initiatives and offerings as well as the communications strategy and contact plan.
- Defines and develops creative, high quality and clear roadmaps based on team strategy and vision.
- Develops detailed, clear and substantiated business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for business models.
- Leads development of business plans and optimizes offering strategies to meet/exceed business objectives and manage program budgets.
- Works closely with Manager – Loyalty and Experience marketing to identify and prioritize opportunities in the customer journey to best support the business throughout the year.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Based on analysis and results, makes recommendations to senior management and on how strategy should be altered.
- Partners with the customer insights team and digital team to identify and prioritize the needs of members and customers.
- Manages expense budgets monthly working plan and year-end performance.
- Develop success metrics, analyze results and report findings.
- MBA preferred
- 5 years experience in strategy or loyalty or lifecycle marketing, including in the retail/consumer, start-up, technology or consulting sector
- 3 years direct supervisory experience
- A solid business understanding and proven ability to develop, enhance, implement and measure successful customer acquisition and retention programs required.
- Demonstrated ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively
- Strong analytical skills and experience developping financial models, monitoring KPIs and managing a P&L
- Experience finding avenues to hear from customers and work in their feedback into your product road-map; then deliver results
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.