Who we are:
Meridian, a WellCare Company, is part of a national network of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. As a part of the WellCare Family of companies, we deliver healthcare excellence to millions of members nationwide.
Our associates work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian associates enjoy an exceptional experience and culture including special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Manager of MeridianCare Sales:
The Manager of MeridianCare Sales reports to the Director of Sales and Marketing and is responsible for developing and maintaining an effective and efficient broker channel for an assigned region. They act as account managers for Meridian’s agency partners, recruit new agencies and create community marketing and outreach plans. The Manager of MeridianCare Sales oversee Meridian’s captive agent program, assist with agency trainings, monitor agency compliance and production and provide agent support as needed.Responsibilities
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with existing contracted sales agencies and recruit new agencies as needed to achieve established growth goals within assigned region
- Act as a liaison between Meridian and contracted sales agencies
- Motivate sales agencies and agents to achieve annual sales goals
- Manage Meridian’s Captive Agent program
- Monitor agency production, disenrollments, rapid disenrollments and cancellations
- Develop and enforce sales compliance programs
- Assist Meridian’s Sales Educators with broker training and testing
- Develop customized marketing and outreach strategies to generate leads
- Attend sales events and monitor agent compliance
- Manage distribution of leads and marketing resources
- Generate agency reports and present to sales leadership
- Participate in Compliance Oversight meetings
- Keep abreast of industry and market trends and monitor competitors
- Manage Sales and Marketing budget for assigned region
What you can bring to Meridian:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- State insurance license required
Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Medicare Sales & Marketing
- Minimum of 2 years Medicare field sales experience required
- Prior experience recruiting, training and leading sales teams required
Minimum of 1 year experience working with sales agencies and brokers strongly preferred
- Prior experience with process improvement activities, policy/procedure development, and operational efficiency
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of original Medicare, Medicare Advantage Plan and Prescription Drug Plan products and benefit design
What Meridian can offer you:
- Our healthcare benefits include a variety of plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
- Opportunity to work with the industry’s leading technologies and participate in unique projects, demonstrations, conferences, and exclusive learning opportunities.
- Meridian offers 401k matching that is above the national average.
- Full-time Meridian employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement towards Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees.
- Meridian was named Detroit's #1 Fastest Growing Company by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.
Equal Opportunity Employer