Shape the future today.
The world is changing. The question is, what will be our contribution to the outcome? We have set the pace in the field of mobility from the very beginning, and we will continue to do so. At Mercedes-Benz Vans, interdisciplinary teams are developing the mobility of tomorrow. Our goal is to make mobility safer, simpler, and more sustainable for people across the globe. Put your pioneering spirit to good use: This is your opportunity to make a contribution that extends far beyond your job title.
At Mercedes-Benz Vans, we offer you the perfect environment for your professional and personal growth. Cutting-edge training and promising career opportunities will help you to foster and expand your professional skill set as well as your individual strengths. Think, try, and thrive with us in collaborative work environments that spark game-changing concepts.
The Supplier Quality Manager will have primary accountability for providing leadership and technical direction to the supplier quality engineering discipline as it applies to supplier quality systems. Develops and leads the execution of supplier quality performance, supporting the company’s long-range and daily business plans.
· Preventive Quality Management for releasing parts functional, dimensional and material wise, accordingly to the requested standards.
· Empower team members to create parts specifications in the early product project phase and executing supplier evaluation in that project phase
· Conduct the first sample process for the localized parts
· Developing quality measures with the supplier to reach the requested Mercedes Benz quality level and specifications
· Determining process audits at the supplier, when needed
· Implementing a global claim process with the head plant and all other trans plants world wide
· Prioritizes and oversees parts complaints and cause investigations with the supplier. Initiates corrective action and monitors its implementation during the claim process
· Manages budget and personnel allocation efficiently. Conveys budget distribution and cost saving processes to colleagues
· Ensures product release process including communication to all necessary interfaces like RD, Logistic, Production and Engineering, also escalating critical topics to the next level.
· Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, directives, and work agreements
· Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
· Leads employees in line with organizational culture, values and guidelines; defines performance goals, conducts performance reviews; effectively communicates and engages employees to meet objectives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field. 5-8 years relevant experience. Preferably in the areas of planning, logistic and quality management.
· Specific knowledge in vehicle - manufacturing and supplier quality management.
· VDA 6.3 certificate
· High skill in project and launch management
· Excellent communication, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Proven track creating a positive work environment and engaged employees.
· Proficient project management skills.
· Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
· Skills for conceptual and strategic development.
We are all in for change. Are you too? Apply now.
If you have experience in the above and are interested in joining an outstanding company we welcome you to apply. The division Mercedes-Benz Vans is world renown for quality and innovative products.
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PLAN WITH 401k MATCHING
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC (“MBV”) is a plant in Ladson, South Carolina that produces Sprinter vans for the U.S. and Canadian market under the brands Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner. The midsize Mercedes-Benz Metris vans are also reassembled at this location.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC invested 500 million U.S. dollars in the construction of a new Sprinter production plant in addition to an expansion of the previous assembly operations. In September 2018, MBV officially opened its new plant, located next to existing operations in the North Charleston area. The MBV facility will provide up to 1,300 jobs by the end of the decade and is expected to create at least 600 additional jobs in the region through its suppliers.
More than 130,000 Sprinters have been assembled in North Charleston and delivered to destinations in the U.S. since 2006. The U.S. is now the second largest market for Sprinter vans, after Germany.
Mercedes-Benz Vans, LLC is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation),age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.