The Manager for Technical Integration reports to the Director of Technical Integration and is primarily responsible for managing the operation and delivery of information systems and processes related to Technical Integration. Additionally, is responsible for Application Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) strategy and implementation. Assist with Master Data Management (MDM) strategy and implementation. Duties of this position will entail leading a team of analysts and developers in managing the strategic design and implementation of technical integration solutions to meet the business needs of CHRISTUS Health. This position will require extensive interactions with multidisciplinary and multi-site groups, which may include external vendors and/or strategic suppliers. This position will also ensure appropriately skilled resources are available to satisfy the current demand for integration services. Other duties for this position include managing budgets and contracts, delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users, and acting on behalf of the Director of Technical Integration in his/her absence.
* Solutions Oriented -- Demonstrate a solutions-oriented approach in delivering support services by understanding the services offered within CHRISTUS Health
* Vision & Strategy - Provide input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization as it relates to Technical Integration.
* Planning & Managing - Responsible for managing design, development, deployment, maintenance, enhancement, Master Data Management (MDM), Application Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), enterprise integration strategy including implementation of Enterprise System Bus (ESB) Provide technical integration design, from feasibility to final project implementation. Ensure products, processes, and supporting methods are aligned with strategic technical platforms for technical integration.
* Budget & Financial Management - Develop and manage detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
* Data Integration - This includes data through Extract, Transfer and Load (ETL) for Business Intelligence, Customer Relationship Management, Data Warehousing, Meta-data Repositories. Ensures support of key business processes and appropriate levels of Integration / Automation.
* Security -- Strong understanding of security best practices. Will be co-responsible for the External Integration Security Gateway. The ability to work effectively with the Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Technical Security groups.
* Staff Management - Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled information systems professionals. Terminate staff as required. Provide ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that the staff is focused committed and capable of producing expected results. Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding work experience. Establish and enforce department policies, procedures and standards.
* Applications and Systems Development - Interface with and support staff in all areas and at all levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design, development, implementation, and support of information systems. Provide technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution.
* Communication - Provide effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and promote teamwork among subordinates.
* Standards - Develop and implement standards and procedures for technical problem solving tools and communication techniques. Maintain follow-up process for system deficiencies and end user trouble reports. Analyze and recommend procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
* Reporting - Establish and monitor department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
* Teamwork - Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
* Customer Service - Lead in the development and administration of an effective Customer Service Plan which includes provisions to insure that information needs are met within the organization.
* Vendor Management - Manage key vendor relationships including contract negotiations, pricing & evaluation of current & potential partnerships.
* Other - Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Director, Technical Integration.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Healthcare, Business or equivalent experience ten (10) years required.
- Master degree preferred.
- Education and experience in relevant ITIL support and delivery processes.
- Firm understanding of financial market, portfolio management & risk analysis.
- Ten (10) years experience working in a relevant job comprising of large complex information systems environments with a variety of Healthcare Management Information Systems applications and technologies.
- Three (3) years experience in a leadership role.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- ITIL preferred
- HL7 Certification preferred
- Related industry certifications preferred