Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.
Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers.
We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Allied Air Enterprises™ (A Lennox International company) Individually, our brands are strong. But united, they are a powerful force. Allied Air Enterprises brings together the collective strengths of six comfort brands – Armstrong Air®, AirEase®, Concord®, Ducane™, Allied Commercial™ and Magic-Pak® – to give distributors and dealers the ultimate source for heating and cooling solutions. From compact residential applications to large commercial projects, Allied Air Enterprises redefines ease-of-business through breadth of product, resources and competencies unparalleled in the market.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As the Operational Excellence Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement Lean culture transformation and improve the flow of manufacturing to drive world class performance. You will be trusted to re-engineer critical processes, lead new product introductions, and conduct continuous improvement events in an assembly and fabrication facility. Your ability to influence change, manage high impact projects, and coach your team of engineers will lead to your success in this role.
- Provide technical support for the production work groups.
- Responsible for capital projects.
- Responsible for overall budget design, installation and management of plant projects.
- Primarily responsible for energy management, environmental activities, and OSHA compliance activities in the Engineering group or Plant.
- Oversee repair materials inventory management and storeroom cost control.
- Support plant continuous improvement projects and processes.
- Provide leadership and support for maintenance and operator teams on a regular basis.
- Support the highest standards of product quality, product safety, sanitation, and safe working conditions at all times.
- Communicate all key maintenance and engineering information routinely to all work groups.
- Develop maintenance and engineering succession plans.
- Interact with vendors, suppliers and outside contractor firms who supply services, materials or equipment.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Stronly Preferred
- 8+ years related experience
- Track record of successful NPI leadership.
- Proven background in Lean Deployment and TAKT Attainment.
- Experience managing a team of salaried employees.
- Able to troubleshoot equipment failures on process and packaging equipment, along with a basic knowledge of programmable controllers and plant floor control systems.
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to lead a team spanning multiple shifts.
- Proficient with computers and software applications.
WHAT DRIVES SUCCESS:
Having the right qualifications is only a part of what it takes to be a successful employee. At Lennox International, we believe in following a set of behaviors and competencies to achieve your full potential. In this position, it is vital that you embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: You successfully partner with your colleagues and customers to deliver timely results. You effectively collaborate with a diverse group of individuals to maintain a wide perspective while accomplishing a common goal.
- Decision Quality: You make thoughtful and timely decisions with the best interest of the organization in mind, prioritizing and organizing key deliverables and ensuring stakeholder buy in.
- Communicates Effectively: You demonstrate oral and written communication skills that are clear, concise and professional. You are an active listener with interest in others’ insights and points of view.
- Drives Engagement: You understand why work matters and help to create a supportive environment. You have the ability to motivate others to work toward common goals and celebrate team successes.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent 401K Matching Program – Additional Company Contributions After 1 Year of Service
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Community involvement opportunities
- Relocation assistance is available!