The Operations Manager will be responsible for Airfield services specified herein.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee day to day flight operations support of airfield activities.
- Utilize the Aircraft Personnel and Clearance System (APACS) to route and approve clearance requests for the departures and arrivals of aircraft from/to the CSL to the Commanding Officer.
- Manage and implement airfield safety procedures to ensure a safe operating environment for personnel and aircraft.
- Assist in responding to airfield ramp and aircraft emergencies.
- Coordinate, monitor, and track the arrival, parking, refueling, loading and departure of all aircraft.
- Ensure proper operating manuals for each different aircraft type are available to the air marshals and airfield fleet services prior to the aircraft arriving.
- Provide aircrews with information and services needed for airfield management and flight planning.
- Liaison with military personnel for travel clearances.
- Assist CSL staff with OPS center space management.
- Liaison with all detachment operations personnel, detachment OICs, Mobile Patrol Recon detachments, and other agency detachment watch officers.
- Keep daily and monthly Flight Operations Board.
- Keep documentation of future detachment/aircraft arrivals.
- Work with Telecommunication Specialist to ensure all C41 equipment is operational.
- POC for all service calls relating to the OPS center, Ramp and Airfield.
- Manage and maintain the FOD prevention program.
- Manage aircraft fleet services.
- Coordinate with Airport Fire Protection Services for aviation and related CSL facilities in accordance with international Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) guidelines.
- Provide liaison with CEPA for taxiway closures and taxiway lights.
- Build up daily unclassified flights schedules and deliver to El Salvadoran Air Force COAT before the first mission of the day.
- Provide flight charts and maintain flight data library through the Defense Automated Distribution Mapping System (DADMS).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- The Operations Manager shall possess a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Secret level Security Clearance.
- Should have a background in U.S. Military aviation and airfield operations and support.
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish and English fluently preferred.
- Excellent management and employee relations skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Ability to work independently and recommend solutions to problems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Projects.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while attending to multiple tasks and demands.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending, reaching, and lifting.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)