SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Process Improvement Manager will be responsible for managing multiple process improvement projects across FirstKey Homes that eliminate inefficiencies, streamline processes, help optimize costs and drive scalable growth. This role will utilize six sigma frameworks to interface with team members to establish project charters, define business cases, conduct statistical analyses, build reporting mechanisms, coordinate change management efforts and monitor solutions to ensure inefficiencies are eliminated. Additionally, this role will oversee the work responsibilities of a process improvement analyst.
- Manage the execution of multiple operational process improvement projects being executed simultaneously across the enterprise to eliminate inefficiencies, streamline processes, help optimize costs and drive scalable growth.
- Onboard, train and manage performance of direct reports to achieve organizational goals. Provide coaching and mentoring to enhance skillsets and enhance departmental capabilities.
- Oversee creation of project charters to establish goals and objectives related to lean activities. Meet with business leaders to define business cases, identify process owners and systems, databases and necessary resources needed for process investigation.
- Develop data collection plans, collect data, and map workflows. Interpret results to identify process gaps in quality, reliability, efficiency, and risk.
- Monitor metrics relative to lean projects and collaborate with stakeholders to address challenges, ensure projects remain within scope and meet established timelines.
- Evaluate data and calculate appropriate descriptive and/or inferential statistical analyses; create new variables if necessary, to fit advanced statistical models.
- Generate recommendations and demonstrate how improvements will meet strategic priorities while also considering risk and reward outcomes with cost-benefit analysis findings.
- Present solutions to business partners to prove that the introduction of new processes will be effective, sustainable and improves outputs.
- Drive change management efforts by coordinating internal resources or developing tools, such as policies and procedures, to ensure solutions are integrated seamlessly into business operations.
- Create reports, dashboards, or other data visualizations to monitor implemented solutions and identify if solutions need refinement.
- Audit closed projects to ensure results are maintained and to proactively identify additional process improvement opportunities.
- This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s manager at any time based upon Company need.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily working indoors, office environment.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Prolonged exposure to computer screens.
- Repetitive use of hands to operate computers, printers, and copiers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Operations Management, or equivalent work experience and/or education
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- 4-7 years of experience analyzing and monitoring operational data for process improvement projects
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proven ability to interface with team members at various levels from Individual Contributor to C-Suite Executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple operational process improvements projects simultaneously within various departments across an organization
- Strong understanding of descriptive and interferential statistics; specific to selecting appropriate tests, conducting analyses, and interpreting results in a business context
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing a small team of direct reports to achieve organizational goals
- Experience working in a fast pace, high-growth company
- Project Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening— Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Evaluation— Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Time Management— Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
WORK STYLES & BEHAVIORS
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
FirstKey Homes is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected classification or status.