We have an amazing opportunity for a Parts Manager at our Stockton, CA dealership. Candidates must have a history of successful performance at the mid to senior management level and be able to come into the role as a fully functional manager with a high level of business acumen, operational expertise, and people leadership ability. In this role you will have responsibility for the profitability, risk management, and growth of the Parts Department. We are also seeking an individual who has proven success in building meaningful and effective relationships within a team, with managerial peers, other departments and key internal partners, customers, and vendors.
Entrepreneurship is one of our core values and we desire candidates who have a passionate drive to grow the business, and possess the right mix of business acumen, judgment, and creativity to achieve success.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY WILL INCLUDE:
- TEC Values - Ensure every employee has access to and understands the TEC Vision, Mission and Values and is empowered to help TEC deliver on its customer commitment. Role model TEC Values (Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer-Driven) and TEC Culture so employees have a positive example of how to pattern their own behavior and interactions.
- Financial Management - Take full accountability for the profitability, risk management, and growth of Parts department. Analyze financial, payroll, and inventory reports on a weekly basis, MIS reports on a monthly basis, and take initiative to identify and act upon trends and opportunities. Work with GM, Fixed Operations Director, and COO/CFO on annual business planning for the department. Demonstrate command of financials by completing monthly bridge schedules. Develop strategies to build upon successes.
- Leadership & Accountability of Team - Set visible objectives and priorities for the department (approximately 30 employees), and monitor and discuss progress with the team on a regular basis. Take full responsibility to ensure every employee (from outside parts sales to parts driver) has a clear understanding of how success will be measured at all times. Create and maintain systems of accountability to measure team members’ performance against set targets.
- Operations - Identify all key workflows within the Parts department. Evaluate effectiveness of workflows based on linkage to Mission statement, scalability, and overall impact on the customer experience. Use structured problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean or, 5S to implement robust, best-in-class processes.
- Inventory Management - Optimize TEC’s overall financial health by turning inventory 4-6 times per year and leveraging appropriate corporate resources for the best pricing and payment options. Keep aged/excessive/obsolete inventory below corporate target percentages.
- Employee Resource Management – Plan and maintain appropriate staffing strategy to support the work load, encourage growth, and maximize customer satisfaction and profitability. Source, recruit, and onboard qualified team members who complement TEC’s Culture and enable progression toward achieving TEC’s Vision. Also responsible for coaching, performance management, and disciplinary actions in consultation with HR dept. Expertly apply employee performance management tools including detailed and meaningful job descriptions, clear expectations, Ramp Plans, informal and formal feedback, compensation reviews, progressive discipline, team building activities, etc.
- Customer Focus - Maintain constant focus on defining, measuring, and improving the customer experience (full cycle, end-to-end). Develop, maintain, and grow solid customer relationships, empower staff to appropriately serve the customer, handle escalated issues, understand key customer business challenges, anticipate customer needs and provide solutions.
- Internal Relationships – Commit to a strong and mutually beneficial relationship with Service department. Work with all other departments to include Parts departments at other TEC branches to maximize dealer profitability and customer satisfaction. Leverage TEC Corporate resources (Legal, Accounting, Parts, Service & EHS, IT, HR, and Marketing) as appropriate.
- Vendor Relationships – Seek out, develop, and maintain strong relationships and alliances with manufacturers, industry associations, suppliers, and vendors.
- Marketing – Collaborate with Marketing department and GM to develop and implement a targeted on-brand marketing campaign to drive business in the local market with the objective of becoming the premier Parts Department in the community.
- Safety – Provide a safe working environment by ensuring that processes and general operating conditions promote a safe work environment. Reinforce a culture of safety through role modeling, clear expectations, training, and corrective action.
- Professional Development - Proactively prioritize own professional development to increase business acumen and knowledge of organizational development best practices in order to positively impact TEC Equipment’s profitability. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry and participate in trainings or events as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, logistics, operations management, or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum five years’ successful experience in retail management with proven history of achieving sales and business objectives; related experience within automotive/trucking industry.
- Experience with analyzing, prioritizing, identifying, and executing solutions; prior experience with P&L responsibility.
- Project management experience in logistics/warehousing/inventory management.
- Strong knowledge of automotive/trucking industry; possess high level of business acumen and able to anticipate future trends and identify business opportunities and risks.
- Strong knowledge of parts inventory processes and sales strategies.
- Knowledge in root causes analysis/problem solving and the ability to implement and drive corrective actions and efficiencies.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills with proven track record of fostering good relationships with internal and external partners (to include vendors and customers).
- Extensive customer base knowledge and relationships within the Sacramento Valley area.
- Demonstrated ability to work through conflict and effectively participate in difficult conversations.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, CDK, and other dealership software.
- Training or certification in Lean Six Sigma strongly desired.
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 28 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy. Employment for Department of Transportation-regulated positions is also contingent on passing applicable regulatory screens.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.