The Manager of Pastoral Care is an integral member of the Mission Integration Department and provides strategic and operational leadership in planning, developing, directing and evaluating programs and resources to integrate and enhance the provision of spiritual care services throughout CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System. This position oversees the provision of spiritual and supportive care to the patients, families, and Associates, and will adhere to the Mission, Vision, Ethics, Core Values, and Catholic Identity of CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System. The Manager of Pastoral Care is also responsible to communicate and be a liaison with the local religious community. This position reports to the Vice President of Mission Integration.
- Masters Degree in Theology, Divinity or equivalent theological study acceptable to the Vice President of Mission Integration
- Minimum four units of Clinical Pastoral Education at an ACPE Accredited Center
- Board Certification by National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or Association of Professional Chaplains (APC) or National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) or the American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) or the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASA)
- Two years of management experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Chaplain, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Member of the Roman Catholic Church. "Any exception to this norm should be approved by the Diocesan Bishop." (Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health care Services, #22.)