This position reports to the System Director of Patient Access and is responsible for managing day to day operations for the Patient Access Revenue Cycle Analyst team. The Revenue Cycle Manager works collaboratively with the System Director of Patient Access, System Educator for Patient Access, Regional Patient Access Teams, Patient Financial Services, and System Support Services to assist in development, project management and implementation of process enhancements or corporate initiatives designed to enhance revenue cycle. This position will collaborate with and support all levels of revenue cycle associates, from the system director to the associate level, in the use of applications and processes used by Patient Access associates.
Supports the System Revenue Cycle team in financial analysis and operations improvement
Monitoring and administration of various initiatives as defined by Revenue Cycle senior leadership
Extracts and analyzes data from health information and decisions support systems
Provides timely and accurate analysis to enhance revenue cycle process outcomes
Researches a variety of complex and/or regulatory issues impacting revenue cycle and recommends processes to enhance financial and quality performance while meeting compliance requirements
Assists and directs the development, automation, maintenance and reporting of key indicators and metrics
Maintains policies, procedures and system guidelines for Patient Access functions and responsibilities.
Performs research on best practices and national benchmarks in the revenue cycle for the Patient Access in healthcare industry
Contributes to the successful implementation of revenue cycle projects
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Monitors Associate productivity making decision when and if action is necessary.
Develops and communicates department policies and procedures, monitors adherence to same
Interviews, hires, evaluates performance, disciplines and discharges Associates with prior approval
- Represents Patient Access department in meetings where System Director is unavailable to attend
- 5 plus years advanced experience in healthcare and operational analysis.
- Previous supervisory responsibilities
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with hospital account reconciliations and reimbursement methodologies.
- Decision Support experience with skills in extracting and analyzing appropriate data.
- Understanding of revenue cycle operations including Patient Access, Charge capture, Care Coordination, Health Information Management, Billing, Collection, Denials, and Bad Debt.
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects and complex assignments.