- Provide effective leadership, supervision, and guidance to payroll and HR Ops team members to enable them succeed on their job
- Provide oversight for all payroll-related processes, procedures and functions.
- Continually review and analyze payroll processes, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement updates and changes necessary for compliance and increased efficiencies
- Experience leading a US and Canadian payroll function is essential
- Must have a strong knowledge of multi-state tax compliance
- Knowledge of other international payroll processing a plus
- Support Team Members with payroll and HR operation-related questions and issues
- Ensure the processing of new hires, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Work with HRIS vendors to update, maintain and test updates and corrections as well as resolve complex issues
- Communicate effectively with all departments and Team Members.
- Set measurable goals for the payroll team to achieve, and ensure quality service is delivered
- Assist payroll staff members in answering customers’ inquiries and questions, and researching, troubleshooting, and resolving cases relating to customers.
- Manage regular preparation of reports, including end of pay period/monthly/quarterly/year-end reports (PTO, tax payments, salary changes, etc.) and perform reconciliation on a pay period and quarterly basis
- Member of the team implementing a new HCM system for 2019-2020
- Verify protocol documentation for payroll processes.
- Interpret established policies to employees and managers and educate them on how to apply the policies
- Process team member transfers
- Work with Ultimate Software to ensure all garnishments are processed accurately.
- Update/maintain unemployment contribution rates in Ultimate.
- Provide Ad-hoc reports and metrics on Payroll/HR related data
- Annually review and reconcile W-2s.
- Work with Accounting on GL related questions
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Provide HRIS related training and tools to Managers and HR team
- Ability to travel as needed
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
- 10 plus years hands on payroll and management experience, multi-state US and Canadian payroll experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail, analytical skills and an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines. Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work load.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, such as chart accounts and general ledger and their application
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to create maximum efficiencies.
- Strong and effective skills in communicating instructions clearly to staff and global team members, as well as willingness to work in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, especially with Excel, Ultimate Software Experience.
- Knowledge of applicable HR laws and terminology, including but not limited to FMLA, COBRA, PTO, employment and wage verification, wage garnishments and unemployment claims processing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets